Mexico opens up a Youth Home for eating disordersBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
The first Youth Home in Mexico was recently inaugurated, where young people who suffer from eating disorders will be attended
The house was inaugurated in the State of Mexico. During the opening event, the ambassador of France in Mexico, Maryse Bossiere made an appearance, because this institution was created thanks to an agreement between the Health Ministry of Mexico and the National Academy of Medicine from France.
The French institution will be in charge of giving advice about health programs, and both institutions will exchange information, besides they will introduce de Nutrinet program, which will be made using a series of data from de youth sector and their health conduct.
With this project the State Of Mexico is positioned at the top ranking in terms of national innovation with health, because it’s the only entity in the nation with a health model as such, where they plan to offer help to young people from 10 to 19 years old who suffer from eating disorders like anorexia, bulimia, gluttony and binge-eating, among others.
The name of the Youth Home is “Didier Jacques Duche”, an emeritus professor who once was part of the National Academy of Medicine from France, and in this house they will offer psychological help, legal advice, sport activities, nutritional assessment, workshops about sex health, addictions, HIV prevention, among others, besides the doctors will create a specific plan for each patient, offering personalized help to get more effective results.
The Youth Home had a 10 million Mexican pesos investment, and is one of the results from the agreements that were made between Mexico and France.
- Spain and Mexico’s Trade Relations Curdle over Manchego Dispute
- Cape Town Water crisis: 'Day Zero' Draws Near
- MORGAN STANLEY: Here are the 6 internet stocks to bet on in 2018
- Ford announces $11B investment, 40 electrified vehicles by 2022 at Detroit Motor Show
- Automobile Revenues will fall 40% due to Electric and Autonomous Vehicles
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation