Mexico and Russia launch commemorative stampsBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
Mexico and Russia celebrated a few days ago the 125th anniversary of their diplomatic relations.
To celebrate this event, they released a joint issue of commemorative postage stamps with images of their most representative national monuments.
The stamps were presented in Moscow during a ceremony attended by the director of the Federal Communications Agency, Rossviaz, Oleg Dujovnitsi, from Russia and the corporate director of the Mexican Postal Service, Luis Turriza.
The stamps, designed by the Russian painter, Olga Ivanova, reflect two landmarks, The Peter and Paul Fortress in St. Petersburg, Russia, and the Castle of Chapultepec in Mexico.
Mexico is the third country with which Russia issued stamps; previously it did it with Venezuela and Cuba.
The Ambassador of Mexico in Russia, Ruben Beltran, and the director of the Latin American Department of the Russian Foreign Ministry, Alexander Schetinin attended the official ceremony. According to an EFE article, envelopes were signed and cancellation stamps with a commemorative postmark with the date of October 19, 2015.
Each stamp will have 400,000 copies, and half will be for Russia and half for Mexico.
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California