Mexico sends helpt to EcuadorBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
On April 16 an earthquake hit Ecuador, leaving severe damage, so many countries around the world showed their support during this time of need.
Mexico joined the help and a few days ago sent a relief corps composed of 112 elements that are part of the Secretariat of National Defense (SEDENA), of the Navy, Federal Police, the Mexican Red Cross, the Ministry of Health, Jalisco Civil Protection and the Ministry of the Interior, in order to support in the tasks of search and rescue of victims.
Several tons of humanitarian aids were donated by Mexican citizenship, which were sent on various freighters, to help victims left by this terrible event in the South American country.
After the plane departed, Ecuador's ambassador in Mexico, Leonardo Arízaga, quoted in an article in the Mexican newspaper "El Universal", appreciated the assistance provided by the Mexicans and Ecuadorians living in Mexico.
The aid was collected by the Consulate of Ecuador in Mexico in collection centers established in different parts of Mexico City, and so far they have sent 81 tons of humanitarian aid on four planes.
It is also worth mentioning that a few days ago, two planes sent by the Mexican government left for Ecuador with 28 tons of medicines and humanitarian assistance, as well as 13 tons by the Red Cross.
Finally, the official said the request for assistance will continue for the South American country during the next few weeks, so any support that can be provided will be well received.
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation
- US Weather Disasters Cost Record $306 Bn. Dollars in 2017
- CES 2018: "E-Sports will be the most watched and played sport in the next decade"
- iPhones Pose Suicide Risk to Teenagers, Apple Investors Warn
- By ‘eck, the 34-year-old founder of Spotify, could be worth billions this year!
- Oprah Winfrey – Will she or won’t she run for the US Presidency in 2020?