Mexico sends helpt to EcuadorBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
On April 16 an earthquake hit Ecuador, leaving severe damage, so many countries around the world showed their support during this time of need.
Mexico joined the help and a few days ago sent a relief corps composed of 112 elements that are part of the Secretariat of National Defense (SEDENA), of the Navy, Federal Police, the Mexican Red Cross, the Ministry of Health, Jalisco Civil Protection and the Ministry of the Interior, in order to support in the tasks of search and rescue of victims.
Several tons of humanitarian aids were donated by Mexican citizenship, which were sent on various freighters, to help victims left by this terrible event in the South American country.
After the plane departed, Ecuador's ambassador in Mexico, Leonardo Arízaga, quoted in an article in the Mexican newspaper "El Universal", appreciated the assistance provided by the Mexicans and Ecuadorians living in Mexico.
The aid was collected by the Consulate of Ecuador in Mexico in collection centers established in different parts of Mexico City, and so far they have sent 81 tons of humanitarian aid on four planes.
It is also worth mentioning that a few days ago, two planes sent by the Mexican government left for Ecuador with 28 tons of medicines and humanitarian assistance, as well as 13 tons by the Red Cross.
Finally, the official said the request for assistance will continue for the South American country during the next few weeks, so any support that can be provided will be well received.
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany