Mexico sends helpt to EcuadorBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
On April 16 an earthquake hit Ecuador, leaving severe damage, so many countries around the world showed their support during this time of need.
Mexico joined the help and a few days ago sent a relief corps composed of 112 elements that are part of the Secretariat of National Defense (SEDENA), of the Navy, Federal Police, the Mexican Red Cross, the Ministry of Health, Jalisco Civil Protection and the Ministry of the Interior, in order to support in the tasks of search and rescue of victims.
Several tons of humanitarian aids were donated by Mexican citizenship, which were sent on various freighters, to help victims left by this terrible event in the South American country.
After the plane departed, Ecuador's ambassador in Mexico, Leonardo Arízaga, quoted in an article in the Mexican newspaper "El Universal", appreciated the assistance provided by the Mexicans and Ecuadorians living in Mexico.
The aid was collected by the Consulate of Ecuador in Mexico in collection centers established in different parts of Mexico City, and so far they have sent 81 tons of humanitarian aid on four planes.
It is also worth mentioning that a few days ago, two planes sent by the Mexican government left for Ecuador with 28 tons of medicines and humanitarian assistance, as well as 13 tons by the Red Cross.
Finally, the official said the request for assistance will continue for the South American country during the next few weeks, so any support that can be provided will be well received.
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California