Mexico surpasses Germany in world beer market!By Elliot Bullman
The Mexican brewing industry is partying and why not when you have such good numbers
Consumers of Corona and Dos Equis around the world are turning Mexico into a world beer power.
Mexico produced 105 million hectolitres of beer in 2016, 8.1 percent more than the previous year, according to the country's beer chamber, surpassing Germany as the world's fourth-largest producer.
This figure would account for each inhabitant of the planet drinking four bottles of beer of 355 millilitres.
The majority of Mexico's beer production comes from AB Inbev's Grupo Modelo, which manufactures Negra Modelo and Corona, as well as Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma / Heineken, which produces Tecate, Bohemia and some Heineken.
In 2016, China led global beer production with 24.2 percent of the world beer market, followed by the United States, with 12 percent, and Brazil, with 7.4 percent.
- US moves to block AT&T's takeover of Time Warner
- Uber Paid Hackers $100,000 for Silence On Cyberattack That Exposed 57 Million People's Data
- Minimum salary will rise 8.32 pesos in December
- Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe resigns after 4 decades as leader.
- More than half of the digital native media in Mexico has suffered cyber attacks
- Vicente Fox warns Trudeau not to be 'Judas' on Nafta
- REITS unharmed and even strengthened from the 'Trump storm'
- Tesla unveils first battery powered truck
- US game maker launches stunt to snarl plans for border wall with Mexico
- Bajío, a clear example of Mexico´s digital transformation
- Most Millennials are Faring Worse than their Parents: Study
- Mexico prepares macroeconomic contingency plan in case NAFTA talks breakdown