Mexico surpasses Germany in world beer market!By Elliot Bullman
The Mexican brewing industry is partying and why not when you have such good numbers
Consumers of Corona and Dos Equis around the world are turning Mexico into a world beer power.
Mexico produced 105 million hectolitres of beer in 2016, 8.1 percent more than the previous year, according to the country's beer chamber, surpassing Germany as the world's fourth-largest producer.
This figure would account for each inhabitant of the planet drinking four bottles of beer of 355 millilitres.
The majority of Mexico's beer production comes from AB Inbev's Grupo Modelo, which manufactures Negra Modelo and Corona, as well as Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma / Heineken, which produces Tecate, Bohemia and some Heineken.
In 2016, China led global beer production with 24.2 percent of the world beer market, followed by the United States, with 12 percent, and Brazil, with 7.4 percent.
- Nissan breaks sales record in Mexico
- British Petroleum expects to grow its investment in Mexico´s energy sector
- Shell and Exxonmobil to open gas stations this year in Mexico
- 29 countries to support China on the Silk Road
- Nissan's 'Godzilla' arrives in Mexico
- Hybrids are hot in Mexico
- General Electric backs NAFTA and voices support for Mexico
- Mexico's Secretary of Foreign Affairs keen to start NAFTA talks in U.S.
- Kmimos, your dog's home away from home
- Mexico and the European Union to close free trade agreement this year
- China beckons for Canada and Mexico in face of U.S. uncertainty
- Mexico surpasses Germany in world beer market!