Mexico surpasses Germany in world beer market!By Elliot Bullman
The Mexican brewing industry is partying and why not when you have such good numbers
Consumers of Corona and Dos Equis around the world are turning Mexico into a world beer power.
Mexico produced 105 million hectolitres of beer in 2016, 8.1 percent more than the previous year, according to the country's beer chamber, surpassing Germany as the world's fourth-largest producer.
This figure would account for each inhabitant of the planet drinking four bottles of beer of 355 millilitres.
The majority of Mexico's beer production comes from AB Inbev's Grupo Modelo, which manufactures Negra Modelo and Corona, as well as Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma / Heineken, which produces Tecate, Bohemia and some Heineken.
In 2016, China led global beer production with 24.2 percent of the world beer market, followed by the United States, with 12 percent, and Brazil, with 7.4 percent.
- Southwest Airlines inaugurates new international route to Cancun from New Orleans
- The Federal Aviation Administration has ordered airlines to inspect certain older CFM56-7B turbofan engines.
- North Korea 'halts missile and nuclear tests', says Kim Jong-un
- Frida Kahlo Barbie doll banned from shop shelves in Mexico
- NAFTA meeting on tap; Mexico doesn’t want to be used to elude US tariffs
- Mexico is second on world’s best places to retire list
- New video editing trend could be the future of ´fake news'
- Trump says North Korea talks under way but he may not meet Kim Jong-un
- Mexico’s candidates are avoiding talking about the elephant in the room: Pensions
- Elon Musk just sank more than $100 million into The Boring Company
- Netflix is soaring after it crushed subscriber growth targets yet again
- Starbucks: Protesters call for boycott after black men arrested