Mexico surpasses Germany in world beer market!By Elliot Bullman
The Mexican brewing industry is partying and why not when you have such good numbers
Consumers of Corona and Dos Equis around the world are turning Mexico into a world beer power.
Mexico produced 105 million hectolitres of beer in 2016, 8.1 percent more than the previous year, according to the country's beer chamber, surpassing Germany as the world's fourth-largest producer.
This figure would account for each inhabitant of the planet drinking four bottles of beer of 355 millilitres.
The majority of Mexico's beer production comes from AB Inbev's Grupo Modelo, which manufactures Negra Modelo and Corona, as well as Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma / Heineken, which produces Tecate, Bohemia and some Heineken.
In 2016, China led global beer production with 24.2 percent of the world beer market, followed by the United States, with 12 percent, and Brazil, with 7.4 percent.
- Record payday for the world's elite in the Confederations Cup 2017
- The cars that Mexicans are going crazy for
- Mexico's beach hotels expect a record summer
- Tesla is now more valuable than BMW
- Merida declares Uber as a "pirate" transport service
- To create more companies, there has to be less paperwork
- Merkel invites Mexico to be creative in digital production
- Mexico registers surprise April trade surplus and historical flow of remittances
- US and Mexico Reach Agreement over Sugar Dispute
- Markets, with strong reaction after election in Edomex
- Cancun and Riviera Maya scrutinized by Chinese entrepreneurs
- Japanese Population Grows 400% in Guanajuato