Mexico surpasses Germany in world beer market!By Elliot Bullman
The Mexican brewing industry is partying and why not when you have such good numbers
Consumers of Corona and Dos Equis around the world are turning Mexico into a world beer power.
Mexico produced 105 million hectolitres of beer in 2016, 8.1 percent more than the previous year, according to the country's beer chamber, surpassing Germany as the world's fourth-largest producer.
This figure would account for each inhabitant of the planet drinking four bottles of beer of 355 millilitres.
The majority of Mexico's beer production comes from AB Inbev's Grupo Modelo, which manufactures Negra Modelo and Corona, as well as Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma / Heineken, which produces Tecate, Bohemia and some Heineken.
In 2016, China led global beer production with 24.2 percent of the world beer market, followed by the United States, with 12 percent, and Brazil, with 7.4 percent.
- Artificial Intelligence is Transforming Mexico’s Financial Sector
- Mexico’s IRS Chief Evaluates Blacklisting the United States as a Tax Haven (REFIPRE)
- America's Passion for Guns: Ownership and Violence by the Numbers
- US Breaks Ground on New Embassy in Mexican Capital
- Cape Town Drought Declared a 'National Disaster'
- Canada and the U.S Exchange Criticism Amid Rising Tensions over NAFTA Negotiations
- Oxfam: Deputy Resigns Over Sex Claims Amid Crisis Talks
- Trump's Infrastructure Blueprint Labelled a 'Scam'
- Mexico Leads OECD Nations in Reducing Mobile Interconnection Rates
- OPINION | Perversely, good economic news has spooked the stock markets
- Disney raises prices of U.S. theme parks’ tickets
- New York State sues Weinstein Company