Mexico surpasses Germany in world beer market!By Elliot Bullman
The Mexican brewing industry is partying and why not when you have such good numbers
Consumers of Corona and Dos Equis around the world are turning Mexico into a world beer power.
Mexico produced 105 million hectolitres of beer in 2016, 8.1 percent more than the previous year, according to the country's beer chamber, surpassing Germany as the world's fourth-largest producer.
This figure would account for each inhabitant of the planet drinking four bottles of beer of 355 millilitres.
The majority of Mexico's beer production comes from AB Inbev's Grupo Modelo, which manufactures Negra Modelo and Corona, as well as Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma / Heineken, which produces Tecate, Bohemia and some Heineken.
In 2016, China led global beer production with 24.2 percent of the world beer market, followed by the United States, with 12 percent, and Brazil, with 7.4 percent.
- New oilfield found in the Gulf of Mexico
- What changes does the new SAT invoice have?
- Reducing deficits and recovering jobs, US goals in NAFTA
- Cancun, Acapulco and Los Cabos will have Tourist Police
- Trump is running out of options to deal with north korea
- China and Germany cover the leadership vacuum left by the United States
- UNESCO will add places to the World Heritage Sites list
- OECD sees pension collapse in Mexico within five years
- Buffett's masterpiece will make him Bank of America largest shareholder
- Pacific Alliance could be an alternative to TPP
- Mexican astrophysicist receives recognition from Queen Elizabeth II
- The obstacles facing Trump's solar wall