Mexico surpasses Germany in world beer market!By Elliot Bullman
The Mexican brewing industry is partying and why not when you have such good numbers
Consumers of Corona and Dos Equis around the world are turning Mexico into a world beer power.
Mexico produced 105 million hectolitres of beer in 2016, 8.1 percent more than the previous year, according to the country's beer chamber, surpassing Germany as the world's fourth-largest producer.
This figure would account for each inhabitant of the planet drinking four bottles of beer of 355 millilitres.
The majority of Mexico's beer production comes from AB Inbev's Grupo Modelo, which manufactures Negra Modelo and Corona, as well as Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma / Heineken, which produces Tecate, Bohemia and some Heineken.
In 2016, China led global beer production with 24.2 percent of the world beer market, followed by the United States, with 12 percent, and Brazil, with 7.4 percent.
- Corruption and impunity, the biggest challenge for 2018
- CDMX toughens rules for transport apps; goodbye to Uberpool
- At least 217 dead after powerful earthquake hits central Mexico
- The surprising change of mood in 2017
- Hurricane 'Irma' will cause more cruise demand for Mexico
- Merida, Yucatan fast becoming an industrial powerhouse
- Manpower predicts biggest recruitment surge in Mexico for 20 years
- 676,241 formal jobs are created between January and August 2017
- Apple suffers 'major iPhone X leak'
- Government signs agreement with Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba
- Who foots the bill for Mother Nature's Destructive Fury?
- Shell opens first Mexico gas station, eyes up to $1 billion investment