Mexico took home the victory!
3-1 in favor of Mexico!
Since June 12th there is nothing more important in Mexico than soccer, everyone eats and breathes football soccer! The streets are empty and the flags are hung outside the windows…Why? Because Mexico is playing at 2014 World Cup Brazil!
This year’s World Cup 2014 hasn’t been an easy one! The problems inside the team and injuries have been a big obstacle between Mexico’s team and reaching the World Cup dream.
Group A is not an easy one: Cameroon, Croatia and Brazil. Miguel “El piojo” Herrera, Mexico’s manager, took the best players of the country to face this great challenge.
Mexico’s debut was one of the most expected events ever! The first encounter was against Cameroon; this game was exciting and daring but despite the bad arbitrage and two goals dismissed, Mexico’s team won!
The game against Brazil was a real challenge. Predictions and bets were in favor of the fifth-time world champion, but everyone was greatly surprises with the final result.
Yes, Mexico’s team was a difficult adversary to Brazil’s. Guillermo Ochoa, Ajaccio’s ex goalkeeper, was amazing! He stopped every goal of the other team no one could defeat him… He was unstoppable!
After 90 minutes the score was nil-nil…. A tie! Mexico tied with Brazil, an incredible final result!
But the definite decisive game was against Croatia; a team that made Mexicans feel nervous. There was no option for them! They had to win or tie again. The second time was the best, the captain of the team, Rafael Marquez, along with Andres Guardado and Javier “el chicharito” Hernández, proved that they can be as good as any European team. Mexico won 3 goals to 1 and the next opponent is going to be…Holland!
The next game will be on June 29th at 11 A.M. Good luck Mexico!
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany