Mexican Spirits Take Over LondonBy Fernanda Duque Hernández
European Market Opens up to Mexican distilled drinks.
Being world famous because of its spirits and distilld drinks such as Tequila, Mezcal and beer, Mexico was invited as part of the events of the Dual Year of Mexico in the United Kingdom to participate for the first time in the Imbibe Live, the most important event for distilled drinks in Europe.
To represent Mexico at its pavilion at the Olympia Conference Center in London, a deputation from ProMéxico (Mexico's government agency dedicated to the promotion of foreign investment in the country) and representatives of the Mexican Embassy in the United Kingdom attended the event. The occasion served to showcase national brands, represented by members of the National Chamber of the Tequila Industry, the Regulatory Council of Tequila, the Regulatory Council of Mezcal and Brewers of Mexico.
From June 29th to 30th, the Mexican deputation organized various activities to promote national spirits, including two testing seminars, in which Mexican specialists talked about the special features that make Mexican spirits so special, highlighting the artisanal process and cultural features behind their development.
Producers and members of the National Chamber of Tequila Industry took advantage of this international display to present the collection: ‘Premium’ drinks, a group of 26 new national brands, now on European market and are credited with ‘Certification of Mexican Quality Drinks.’ This program is aimed at ensuring that national companies obtain certification required by European standards.
One of the reasons this program was created – and is supported by funds from of the EU-Mexico Competitiveness and Innovation Program (PROCEI) – is due to the 400% increase in mezcal production, reaching 2.5 million liters since 2014. In Europe, the UK is the number one consumer of this traditional drink and the fifth worldwide.
- Spain and Mexico’s Trade Relations Curdle over Manchego Dispute
- Cape Town Water crisis: 'Day Zero' Draws Near
- MORGAN STANLEY: Here are the 6 internet stocks to bet on in 2018
- Ford announces $11B investment, 40 electrified vehicles by 2022 at Detroit Motor Show
- Automobile Revenues will fall 40% due to Electric and Autonomous Vehicles
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation