It's Official: Monarchs of Spain to visit MexicoBy Fernanda Duque Hernández
Royal couple would arrive by the end of June or early July.
The Spanish Royal House have announced that by the end of June or early July the king of Spain Felipe de Borbon and his queen Letizia will make their first official visit as reigning couple to Latin America and have chosen Mexico for the occasion.
According to Mexican monthly Proceso, the announcement of the visit was made by the Spanish Minister of Culture, Jose Maria Lasalle Ruiz, during his visit to Guadalajara to inaugurate the 25th Cervantino. This event commemorates the 400th anniversary of the publication of the second part of Don Quijote de la Mancha.
Lasalle Ruiz said that the Spanish monarchs chose Mexico as the destination for their first state visit to Latin America, because of the strong bonds that link the two countries. They also hope that after this visit, diplomatic relationships would be strengthened.
King Felipe VI has already visited Mexico during his reign, when he traveled to Veracruz last December to attend the Ibero-American Summit of Heads of State and Government. The official schedule of the monarchs' visit has yet to be released by the Spanish Royal House.
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California