Artists create graffiti murals to welcome Pope Francisco in MexicoBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
Francis Pope will visit Mexico from February 12 to 17, where he will tour across the nation through Mexico City, the State of Mexico, Chiapas, Michoacan and Chihuahua.
Mexico is one of the most visited countries by the popes; however this is the first time Pope Francis will visit the country, so for quite some time everything has being prepared for his arrival.
In the Mexican city of Ecatepec, a group of about 50 young people who were selected through a call launched by the Ministry of Culture of the state in January, held a series of murals based on the theme "The pope speaks to the youth".
Religious images, national symbols and pre-Hispanic themes are part of the murals made with graffiti that young people created to welcome Pope Francis.
The works are located on the Central Avenue, and will be on display for the Pontiff to appreciate them during his visit to the area on February 14.
The wall where the mural was made has a length of 2.5 kilometers, and through various techniques of graffiti, each of the selected painted a piece of wall with their own interpretation of what represents to them the Pope's visit.
Eduardo Moreno Suarez, one of the participants said, quoted in an article in "Radio Habana Cuba" that he hopes the Pope's visit will bring a message of peace to the various sectors of the society in Mexico.
- Spain and Mexico’s Trade Relations Curdle over Manchego Dispute
- Cape Town Water crisis: 'Day Zero' Draws Near
- MORGAN STANLEY: Here are the 6 internet stocks to bet on in 2018
- Ford announces $11B investment, 40 electrified vehicles by 2022 at Detroit Motor Show
- Automobile Revenues will fall 40% due to Electric and Autonomous Vehicles
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation