Artists create graffiti murals to welcome Pope Francisco in MexicoBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
Francis Pope will visit Mexico from February 12 to 17, where he will tour across the nation through Mexico City, the State of Mexico, Chiapas, Michoacan and Chihuahua.
Mexico is one of the most visited countries by the popes; however this is the first time Pope Francis will visit the country, so for quite some time everything has being prepared for his arrival.
In the Mexican city of Ecatepec, a group of about 50 young people who were selected through a call launched by the Ministry of Culture of the state in January, held a series of murals based on the theme "The pope speaks to the youth".
Religious images, national symbols and pre-Hispanic themes are part of the murals made with graffiti that young people created to welcome Pope Francis.
The works are located on the Central Avenue, and will be on display for the Pontiff to appreciate them during his visit to the area on February 14.
The wall where the mural was made has a length of 2.5 kilometers, and through various techniques of graffiti, each of the selected painted a piece of wall with their own interpretation of what represents to them the Pope's visit.
Eduardo Moreno Suarez, one of the participants said, quoted in an article in "Radio Habana Cuba" that he hopes the Pope's visit will bring a message of peace to the various sectors of the society in Mexico.
- Mexico City, Thirsty and Sinking, Faces a Water Crisis
- Facebook's nightmare is about to get a lot worse
- Walmart opens its first 'Amazon style'store in Mexico
- Cancun 'spring breakers' welcomed with code of conduct
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica