Netflix will produce a new Mexican TV series with Manolo CaroBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
The project is still untitled, but will have a total of 13 chapters
Netflix announced the creation of a new Mexican series, following the success of the original series of Latin American productions like "Club de Cuervos”, “Narcos" and "3%".
The responsible for the realization of this new project will be the Mexican filmmaker Manolo Caro, responsible for blockbusters like "Amor de mis Amores" and "No sé si cortarme las venas o dejármelas largas."
This new TV Show is a black comedy whose plot revolves around a dysfunctional family, and is starred by the owners of a successful flower shop, who live a happy life until the father discovers that the woman he has maintained a romance with has died and he decides to bring her children to his life.
The series is filmed in 4K and in a press release Caro said that he really wanted to work with Netflix and, for him, being part of this platform is a great responsibility, because it involves an international projection for the whole team.
The director liked the project because he will be able to work with total creative freedom, which is very important for him at this point in his career, plus he feels confident with the story that they will be telling.
Manolo Caro is the only Mexican film director who has been part of the top 10 grossing films in the last three consecutive years, so Netflix decided to bet on his talent for this new project, which will surely delight thousands of members of the platform around the world.
So far the series will have 13 episodes of 30 minutes each, and does not have a title or release date, however, this information will be released soon.
The production will be conducted by Netflix with Noc Noc Cinema, with Rafa Ley and Stacy Perskie as producers.
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation
- US Weather Disasters Cost Record $306 Bn. Dollars in 2017
- CES 2018: "E-Sports will be the most watched and played sport in the next decade"
- iPhones Pose Suicide Risk to Teenagers, Apple Investors Warn
- By ‘eck, the 34-year-old founder of Spotify, could be worth billions this year!
- Oprah Winfrey – Will she or won’t she run for the US Presidency in 2020?