A new International Airport for Acapulco
The new Acapulco international Airport
Acapulco is the traditional destination of the Mexican Pacific Coast. Surrounded by history and its traditional cuisine, this city has it all for everyone! From exclusive hotels, unique experiences, adventure, romance, cuisine and internationally renowned events!
Being one of Mexico’s main tourist destinations, Acapulco has decided to begin the construction of its new international Airport.
This new international airport will be a modern building, with a cutting edge design, that will include an environmentally friendly system to save energy and spacious areas, which will perfectly create the ideal ambience that will further blend the Acapulco’s natural atmosphere.
The new air terminal will improve the flow of international and national passenger arrivals… It will also be fully equipped with the latest technology in the field. Its high standards of efficiency and quality, will be reflected at its open spaces for the comfort of passengers, authorities and the service of national and international airlines.
Grupo Aeroportuario del Centro Norte (OMA), the company that manages Acapulco’s airport, expects that this new building will be able to cater to 1 million passengers, during its opening year and increase to 2 million for the season that follows. This will improve Acapulco’s flight connectivity with other destinations in Mexico and the world.
As of today, the International Airport of Acapulco receives six national airlines: Aeromexico, Aeromar, Interjet, VivaAerobus, Volaris and Tar Aerolíneas, that connect Acapulco with Mexico’s main cities, such as Mexico City, Monterrey and Guadalajara.
In addition to these flights, the terminal has increased its international connectivity with seven flights per week to Houston through United Airlines and Aeromexico.
The new International Airport of Acapulco will be constructed right next to the current airport, due to the road’s excellent condition… The terminal’s demolition will be carried out in several stages, in order to avoid complications with the logistics work of the airport.
The first stage of the terminal will start by the end of this year 2014 and it will be carried out under the direction of the company, TAX Arquitectura. The airport will be finished by the first months of the year 2015, just before the Tianguis Turistico de Mexico begins, and is supported by a 25 million USD investment.
- Spain and Mexico’s Trade Relations Curdle over Manchego Dispute
- Cape Town Water crisis: 'Day Zero' Draws Near
- MORGAN STANLEY: Here are the 6 internet stocks to bet on in 2018
- Ford announces $11B investment, 40 electrified vehicles by 2022 at Detroit Motor Show
- Automobile Revenues will fall 40% due to Electric and Autonomous Vehicles
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation