A new International Airport for Acapulco
The new Acapulco international Airport
Acapulco is the traditional destination of the Mexican Pacific Coast. Surrounded by history and its traditional cuisine, this city has it all for everyone! From exclusive hotels, unique experiences, adventure, romance, cuisine and internationally renowned events!
Being one of Mexico’s main tourist destinations, Acapulco has decided to begin the construction of its new international Airport.
This new international airport will be a modern building, with a cutting edge design, that will include an environmentally friendly system to save energy and spacious areas, which will perfectly create the ideal ambience that will further blend the Acapulco’s natural atmosphere.
The new air terminal will improve the flow of international and national passenger arrivals… It will also be fully equipped with the latest technology in the field. Its high standards of efficiency and quality, will be reflected at its open spaces for the comfort of passengers, authorities and the service of national and international airlines.
Grupo Aeroportuario del Centro Norte (OMA), the company that manages Acapulco’s airport, expects that this new building will be able to cater to 1 million passengers, during its opening year and increase to 2 million for the season that follows. This will improve Acapulco’s flight connectivity with other destinations in Mexico and the world.
As of today, the International Airport of Acapulco receives six national airlines: Aeromexico, Aeromar, Interjet, VivaAerobus, Volaris and Tar Aerolíneas, that connect Acapulco with Mexico’s main cities, such as Mexico City, Monterrey and Guadalajara.
In addition to these flights, the terminal has increased its international connectivity with seven flights per week to Houston through United Airlines and Aeromexico.
The new International Airport of Acapulco will be constructed right next to the current airport, due to the road’s excellent condition… The terminal’s demolition will be carried out in several stages, in order to avoid complications with the logistics work of the airport.
The first stage of the terminal will start by the end of this year 2014 and it will be carried out under the direction of the company, TAX Arquitectura. The airport will be finished by the first months of the year 2015, just before the Tianguis Turistico de Mexico begins, and is supported by a 25 million USD investment.
- Mexico City, Thirsty and Sinking, Faces a Water Crisis
- Facebook's nightmare is about to get a lot worse
- Walmart opens its first 'Amazon style'store in Mexico
- Cancun 'spring breakers' welcomed with code of conduct
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica