A new mobile app for Cancun
Technology plays such an important role in our everyday lives, that it would be hard to imagine an entire day without it! Advances in the field have led to the easing of our lives in several ways... Information is now more reachable, and a mere click away, along with the interaction with other users, companies and more!
Different business sectors have taken advantage of the great development there has been in technology and have introduced new ways of interacting with clients, issue information, distribution channels and more. The tourism field is no stranger to this, reason why several enterprises and providers have introduced mobile applications to ease the lives and stay of visitors in the area.
What are some of the most common queries a visitor has on his mind when traveling? What to do, where to stay, how to get there...? Now, there is a brand new mobile app for Cancun that answers all of the above and provides more information about the destination, instantly! This is an initiative introduced by the Ministry of Tourism of the City, and will be launched shortly.
The head of the local Ministry of Tourism informed that this is a necessary step for the destination, because the majority of visitors from overseas-and some locals too- book online. Studies demonstrate that in the year 2012, 83% of the total visitors plan, book and buy their entire trip or vacations through the web, and from these a total of 38% do so directly on their smartphone or mobile device.
Other destinations in Mexico and the rest of the world have also introduced mobile apps for their visitors. For instance, Colombia has Colombia Travel, an app that allows you to find information about the 350 destinations in the entire nation! It has a directory that includes at least 100 service providers, restaurants and hotels
There is also Chile.travel, which is another mobile app available for Android that has gained great popularity and registered a great deal of downloads under the Travel Category. It provides a variety of destinations, activities, places and things to do in this marvelous country.
Having said all this, the new app for Cancun will certainly open a window of opportunities and ease the lives of thousands of tourists visiting this marvelous destination!
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany