A new Civil Registry Office in Cancun’s hotel zone
Consular House, Civil Registry Office and Courts and now open for business in Cancun’s hotel zone
The new facilities of the Consular House, Civil Registry Office No. 9 and the Civil Court located in Cancun’s Hotel Zone have been inaugurated and are now up and running.
This action was taken due to the large number of requests made by wedding planners, hotels and citizens. This new office was built in a time period of 5 months and was supported by the city’s administration and the Ministry of Tourism.
It is expected that with this new office located in the Hotel Zone, the nuptial process can be done faster and easier, previously couples or wedding planners had to visit the offices located downtown to get all the paperwork done.
In 2013 there were at least 4 thousand weddings in Cancun, turning this market niche into one of the most important ones, due to the possible monetary revenue given that for each wedding an average of 25 hotel rooms are booked for at least 5 days, making an economic impact of $ 80,000 per event.
The Civil Registry Office No. 9 will be able to perform between10 to 15 weddings each month; likewise a wedding officer may conduct marriages in four different languages: English, French, Italian and Portuguese.
The requirements for the nuptial process are the following:
- Valid identification
- Birth certificates with Spanish translation
- 2 witnesses with valid identification
- Premarital examinations
- Make payment of 4 thousand 125 pesos
As well as the opening of the Civil Registry Office No. 9, the Consular House was also inaugurated, which is formed to provide guidance, support and ensure that the rights of foreign tourists, who might be involved in some kind of problem during their stay, are respected.
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany