New luxury mall in Cancun is announcedBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
A few days ago, the approval of a new luxury shopping mall in the residential area known as Puerto Cancun was announced
The Municipal Department of Ecology and Urban Development granted “Grupo Mira” the official permission to build a mega mall. The new square will be called "Town Center" and will be part of the second part of Puerto Cancun, which was opened this year.
The approximate cost of the construction is of 800 million pesos and will be primarily directed to a market with high purchasing power.
Stores like Hollister, Gap, Banana Republic and Brooks Brothers will be within the 50 companies that will be part of the new shopping complex. The area will also feature 2 new hotels, a large marina with a new dining area and a nautical residential development, plus there will be businesses that will offer activities for the general public.
The concept of Puerto Cancun is focused on a more influential market and has even been included in the Forbes list within the top five complexes in the country.
The luxury market has been growing in recent years in the city, reason why Grupo Mira has high expectations for this new project, which is expected to open in mid-2016.
- Spain and Mexico’s Trade Relations Curdle over Manchego Dispute
- Cape Town Water crisis: 'Day Zero' Draws Near
- MORGAN STANLEY: Here are the 6 internet stocks to bet on in 2018
- Ford announces $11B investment, 40 electrified vehicles by 2022 at Detroit Motor Show
- Automobile Revenues will fall 40% due to Electric and Autonomous Vehicles
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation