New luxury mall in Cancun is announcedBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
A few days ago, the approval of a new luxury shopping mall in the residential area known as Puerto Cancun was announced
The Municipal Department of Ecology and Urban Development granted “Grupo Mira” the official permission to build a mega mall. The new square will be called "Town Center" and will be part of the second part of Puerto Cancun, which was opened this year.
The approximate cost of the construction is of 800 million pesos and will be primarily directed to a market with high purchasing power.
Stores like Hollister, Gap, Banana Republic and Brooks Brothers will be within the 50 companies that will be part of the new shopping complex. The area will also feature 2 new hotels, a large marina with a new dining area and a nautical residential development, plus there will be businesses that will offer activities for the general public.
The concept of Puerto Cancun is focused on a more influential market and has even been included in the Forbes list within the top five complexes in the country.
The luxury market has been growing in recent years in the city, reason why Grupo Mira has high expectations for this new project, which is expected to open in mid-2016.
- Mexico City, Thirsty and Sinking, Faces a Water Crisis
- Facebook's nightmare is about to get a lot worse
- Walmart opens its first 'Amazon style'store in Mexico
- Cancun 'spring breakers' welcomed with code of conduct
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica