New oilfield found in the Gulf of MexicoBy Fernanda Duque Hernández
Zama-1 is the result of perforations made by private companies that have an agreement with Pemex.
About 60 kilometers from the coast of Dos Bocas, Tabasco, Zama-1 was located, the first exploratory well in shallow waters, made by private companies and whose volume of oil is such that it is located in the eighth place among the discoveries historically Registered by the National Hydrocarbons Commission (CNH).
Those responsible for the finding - compared to 34 million barrels of Trion equivalent oil (bpce) - were US companies Talos Energy, Sierra Oil de Mexico and Premier Oil, which originated in the United Kingdom.
According to Talos, the initial resources of the exploration project were estimated between 1.4 billion and 2 billion bpce, a reserve that was first found at 166 meters deep, from where they encountered a thick rock, which also pierced other three thousand 380 meters.
The quality of the crude that they found is between 28 and 30 degrees API, which places it among the light hydrocarbons, which makes it useful for Mexican refineries and for which they will need 500 million dollars in investment.
"Once we determine profitability, the government will take about 70 percent of that profitability," Tim Duncan, head of Talos Energy, told to El Financiero.
The group of companies estimates the construction of at least three more wells to determine the amount of reserves that can be recovered, whose statistics are around 30 percent of the original volume.
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany
- First ladies speak out on Trump separation policy
- Women sustain half of Mexico’s economy but earn crippling wages
- Dunkin' Donuts to reach 100 stores in Mexico thanks to millennials