New oilfield found in the Gulf of MexicoBy Fernanda Duque Hernández
Zama-1 is the result of perforations made by private companies that have an agreement with Pemex.
About 60 kilometers from the coast of Dos Bocas, Tabasco, Zama-1 was located, the first exploratory well in shallow waters, made by private companies and whose volume of oil is such that it is located in the eighth place among the discoveries historically Registered by the National Hydrocarbons Commission (CNH).
Those responsible for the finding - compared to 34 million barrels of Trion equivalent oil (bpce) - were US companies Talos Energy, Sierra Oil de Mexico and Premier Oil, which originated in the United Kingdom.
According to Talos, the initial resources of the exploration project were estimated between 1.4 billion and 2 billion bpce, a reserve that was first found at 166 meters deep, from where they encountered a thick rock, which also pierced other three thousand 380 meters.
The quality of the crude that they found is between 28 and 30 degrees API, which places it among the light hydrocarbons, which makes it useful for Mexican refineries and for which they will need 500 million dollars in investment.
"Once we determine profitability, the government will take about 70 percent of that profitability," Tim Duncan, head of Talos Energy, told to El Financiero.
The group of companies estimates the construction of at least three more wells to determine the amount of reserves that can be recovered, whose statistics are around 30 percent of the original volume.
- Spain and Mexico’s Trade Relations Curdle over Manchego Dispute
- Cape Town Water crisis: 'Day Zero' Draws Near
- MORGAN STANLEY: Here are the 6 internet stocks to bet on in 2018
- Ford announces $11B investment, 40 electrified vehicles by 2022 at Detroit Motor Show
- Automobile Revenues will fall 40% due to Electric and Autonomous Vehicles
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation