New oilfield found in the Gulf of MexicoBy Fernanda Duque Hernández
Zama-1 is the result of perforations made by private companies that have an agreement with Pemex.
About 60 kilometers from the coast of Dos Bocas, Tabasco, Zama-1 was located, the first exploratory well in shallow waters, made by private companies and whose volume of oil is such that it is located in the eighth place among the discoveries historically Registered by the National Hydrocarbons Commission (CNH).
Those responsible for the finding - compared to 34 million barrels of Trion equivalent oil (bpce) - were US companies Talos Energy, Sierra Oil de Mexico and Premier Oil, which originated in the United Kingdom.
According to Talos, the initial resources of the exploration project were estimated between 1.4 billion and 2 billion bpce, a reserve that was first found at 166 meters deep, from where they encountered a thick rock, which also pierced other three thousand 380 meters.
The quality of the crude that they found is between 28 and 30 degrees API, which places it among the light hydrocarbons, which makes it useful for Mexican refineries and for which they will need 500 million dollars in investment.
"Once we determine profitability, the government will take about 70 percent of that profitability," Tim Duncan, head of Talos Energy, told to El Financiero.
The group of companies estimates the construction of at least three more wells to determine the amount of reserves that can be recovered, whose statistics are around 30 percent of the original volume.
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California