One more hour of sunlight for Cancun!
One more hour of sun in Cancun and Riviera Maya!
This new adjustment in the state will positively influence the local economy and the tourist industry. The entity expects to have great savings of up to 23,454 megawatts per hour, which means 20,000 tones less of carbon emissions!
Mexico has three different time zones: the Northeast, the Pacific and the Central Time Zone, which is the most used in the country. Despite being the one used in the majority of Mexico, it doesn’t mean it’s the adequate one for every state.
Using the Central Time Zone for almost the entire country causes quite a strange situation between the west and east of Mexico. During the winter, Mexico City’s sunset happens at 7pm, when in Cancun the sun sets before 5pm!
This happen because Quintana Roo is located at the meridian 75 at the west of Greenwich, meaning that the adequate time zone for Cancun and Riviera Maya should be the same as in the East Coast of the United States.
After years of work the congress union of the state of Quintana Roo, approved the creation of a new time zone just for the state of Quintana Roo! It will be called the Southeastern Standard Time. This initiative expects nothing but success, since a change of this magnitude will create new business opportunities in Cancun and Riviera Maya of great benefit!
As a result of this initiative, the state of Quintana Roo’s bank transactions will be finally synchronized with the East Coast of the United States, which makes negotiations between countries easier.
At the same time, one more hour of sun will improve the development of the state in relation to other Caribbean destinations as Bahamas, Cuba, Jamaica and Puerto Rico. Additionally, it also increases connectivity between the Cancun International Airport and other air terminals in United States, Canada and Latin America.
- MORGAN STANLEY: Here are the 6 internet stocks to bet on in 2018
- Ford announces $11B investment, 40 electrified vehicles by 2022 at Detroit Motor Show
- Automobile Revenues will fall 40% due to Electric and Autonomous Vehicles
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation
- US Weather Disasters Cost Record $306 Bn. Dollars in 2017
- CES 2018: "E-Sports will be the most watched and played sport in the next decade"