One more hour of sunlight for Cancun!
One more hour of sun in Cancun and Riviera Maya!
This new adjustment in the state will positively influence the local economy and the tourist industry. The entity expects to have great savings of up to 23,454 megawatts per hour, which means 20,000 tones less of carbon emissions!
Mexico has three different time zones: the Northeast, the Pacific and the Central Time Zone, which is the most used in the country. Despite being the one used in the majority of Mexico, it doesn’t mean it’s the adequate one for every state.
Using the Central Time Zone for almost the entire country causes quite a strange situation between the west and east of Mexico. During the winter, Mexico City’s sunset happens at 7pm, when in Cancun the sun sets before 5pm!
This happen because Quintana Roo is located at the meridian 75 at the west of Greenwich, meaning that the adequate time zone for Cancun and Riviera Maya should be the same as in the East Coast of the United States.
After years of work the congress union of the state of Quintana Roo, approved the creation of a new time zone just for the state of Quintana Roo! It will be called the Southeastern Standard Time. This initiative expects nothing but success, since a change of this magnitude will create new business opportunities in Cancun and Riviera Maya of great benefit!
As a result of this initiative, the state of Quintana Roo’s bank transactions will be finally synchronized with the East Coast of the United States, which makes negotiations between countries easier.
At the same time, one more hour of sun will improve the development of the state in relation to other Caribbean destinations as Bahamas, Cuba, Jamaica and Puerto Rico. Additionally, it also increases connectivity between the Cancun International Airport and other air terminals in United States, Canada and Latin America.
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany