New time zone for Quintana Roo
Forward the clock 1 hour and enjoy more daylight!
After over two years of struggling to establish a new time zone according to the geographical location of the state of Quintana Roo, the local government and hoteliers have seen the light, due to the recent approval of setting the time zone forward by 1 hour in reference to the central time zone in Mexico.
With the current time zone, the sun sets at around 17:30 in the Southern State of Quintana Roo, which directly impacts tourist activities (since there is no sun to embark upon certain activities). This new time zone will provide locals and visitors one more hour of sunlight; consequently a benefit is expected in tourist, economic and everyday activities, therefore improving the wellbeing of the city.
Flight logistics and interconnection times will be improved, given that this new time zone is the same for 22 USA airports and 8 Canadian airports, making traveling easier for visitors coming from cities such as Chicago, Atlanta, New York and Miami.
This new measure will benefit the state and the country in the economic sector by saving energy, attracting a larger number of tourists and also positively impacting on trading activities.
Having said this, on February 1st 2015, the state of Quintana Roo will be having a brand new time zone! Don’t forget to set forward your clock 1 hour before you go to sleep on January 31st.
- Mexico City, Thirsty and Sinking, Faces a Water Crisis
- Facebook's nightmare is about to get a lot worse
- Walmart opens its first 'Amazon style'store in Mexico
- Cancun 'spring breakers' welcomed with code of conduct
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica