New time zone for Quintana Roo
Forward the clock 1 hour and enjoy more daylight!
After over two years of struggling to establish a new time zone according to the geographical location of the state of Quintana Roo, the local government and hoteliers have seen the light, due to the recent approval of setting the time zone forward by 1 hour in reference to the central time zone in Mexico.
With the current time zone, the sun sets at around 17:30 in the Southern State of Quintana Roo, which directly impacts tourist activities (since there is no sun to embark upon certain activities). This new time zone will provide locals and visitors one more hour of sunlight; consequently a benefit is expected in tourist, economic and everyday activities, therefore improving the wellbeing of the city.
Flight logistics and interconnection times will be improved, given that this new time zone is the same for 22 USA airports and 8 Canadian airports, making traveling easier for visitors coming from cities such as Chicago, Atlanta, New York and Miami.
This new measure will benefit the state and the country in the economic sector by saving energy, attracting a larger number of tourists and also positively impacting on trading activities.
Having said this, on February 1st 2015, the state of Quintana Roo will be having a brand new time zone! Don’t forget to set forward your clock 1 hour before you go to sleep on January 31st.
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation
- US Weather Disasters Cost Record $306 Bn. Dollars in 2017
- CES 2018: "E-Sports will be the most watched and played sport in the next decade"
- iPhones Pose Suicide Risk to Teenagers, Apple Investors Warn
- By ‘eck, the 34-year-old founder of Spotify, could be worth billions this year!
- Oprah Winfrey – Will she or won’t she run for the US Presidency in 2020?