The NFL is back to Mexico after 11 yearsBy Dania Vargas Austryjak
Receiving the Raiders and Texans
The NFL International Series played its last game in Mexico back in the year 2005, with a match between the San Francisco 49ers and Arizona Cardinals, and this year 2016 will be the year the NFL returns to Mexico! However, this time round with a game from the regular season between the Oakland Raiders and the Houston Texans.
Since last year, the NFL announced it was evaluating the possibility of taking a game to the Estadio Azteca in Mexico City as a way of expanding the International Series to the neighboring country. In fact, it sent out several times a contingent to the city, to make necessary evaluations on the stadium, which it did with strong persistence, demonstrating their interest of playing once again in Mexico.
The professional American football league was a bit hesitant about taking a game to Mexico, as both of the candidate stadiums needed work and communications infrastructure to host such event, but the Estadio Azteca is currently undergoing renovations for its upcoming 50th anniversary, so it’s the ideal place to have the NFL game.
There has been no official announcement just yet, but according to Mexican Sports Daily, Récord, this is a fact and that the game will be held on November 21, 2016. Arturo Olivé, director of the NFL office in Mexico said that the official announcement will be made until after the celebration of the Super Bowl 50.
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California