No more blaming the public transport for your tardiness in CDMXBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
Apps unite to report even the Metrobus arrival in real time
Moving in Mexico City sometimes is a little complicated, especially in terms of calculating times, as there are no established transportation schedules and it is difficult to know when they will appear.
Many factors affect mobility in Mexico City, as it depends on weather, traffic, and the number of people, among other things. Faced with this problem, the Israeli app Moovit joined the Mexican app "Sin Trafico", a startup that owns the country's largest real-time data network.
In this way Moovit will now have minute-by-minute information about the Metro and the “Metrobús” network in the CDMX, allowing users to calculate their arrival times, as well as knowing when the transport will arrive approximately.
Moovit worked with each city's General Transit Feed Specification (GTFS), detailed plans on available transports, routes, stops and intersections, and also collected crowdsourced information from users and thus created patterns of people's behavior to provide the best service through the platform.
Now the app will also allow users to check the estimated time of arrival of the Metro, Metrobus, Trolleybus and even the availability of the Ecobicis, as well as knowing the approximate number of people coming in the transport.
This is a first step to create an app that allows the unification of other apps that provide information on transportation, or provide services to users, and is an important step forward for Mexico City in its transition to an Intelligent City.
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California