Non-stop from Ireland to MexicoBy Andrea Hablutzel Pelayo
Direct flight Dublin – Mexico starts operation
The first direct flight Dublin – Cancun was officially inaugurated on June 13 of this year 2016, operated by Falcon Holidays and Thomson, a TUI Group company, it had been announced months ago by the Mexican embassy in Ireland.
The first stage of this flight’s pilot will operate once a week for six weeks, but since Ireland is one of the European countries that send more tourists to Mexico, even more than Germany, Italy and Holland, the embassy knows this flight has great potential and is sure it won’t take long for it to become a regular route.
With a capacity for 300 people, the 787 Dreamliner Thomson Airways airplane will not only fly vacation- goers but business men and women the same, given that Cancun is the door to other destinations like the Mayan Riviera, Isla Mujeres, Cozumel, Chichen Itza, Uxmal, among others but it also is a connection spot to Mexico City, The U.S and Central and South America.
According to the Tourism Board of Mexico, the number of Irish tourists in Mexico in 2015 was over 24 thousand passengers, 10.6% more than the year before. The tourists influx in this destination will rise, making the hotel occupancy go up as well. This direct flight will definitely make the Irish tourist numbers grow; it grew 83% between 2011 and 2015 actually.
Eduardo Rivadeneyra, the man responsible for the air terminal’s Public Relations, points out that the national passenger flow grew 9.7% with 566 thousand 70 tourists transferred, in comparison with the 516 thousand 114 that traveled May last year. The passenger traffic in Cancun’s International Airport increased 6.5% in regard to the same month in 2015, which anticipates other good year for tourism.
He highlighted that with the sum of 1 million 721 thousand 183 national and international users catered to in the terminal, in arrivals and departures, May closed with several high percentage points, national flights on top.
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany