Non-stop from Ireland to MexicoBy Andrea Hablutzel Pelayo
Direct flight Dublin – Mexico starts operation
The first direct flight Dublin – Cancun was officially inaugurated on June 13 of this year 2016, operated by Falcon Holidays and Thomson, a TUI Group company, it had been announced months ago by the Mexican embassy in Ireland.
The first stage of this flight’s pilot will operate once a week for six weeks, but since Ireland is one of the European countries that send more tourists to Mexico, even more than Germany, Italy and Holland, the embassy knows this flight has great potential and is sure it won’t take long for it to become a regular route.
With a capacity for 300 people, the 787 Dreamliner Thomson Airways airplane will not only fly vacation- goers but business men and women the same, given that Cancun is the door to other destinations like the Mayan Riviera, Isla Mujeres, Cozumel, Chichen Itza, Uxmal, among others but it also is a connection spot to Mexico City, The U.S and Central and South America.
According to the Tourism Board of Mexico, the number of Irish tourists in Mexico in 2015 was over 24 thousand passengers, 10.6% more than the year before. The tourists influx in this destination will rise, making the hotel occupancy go up as well. This direct flight will definitely make the Irish tourist numbers grow; it grew 83% between 2011 and 2015 actually.
Eduardo Rivadeneyra, the man responsible for the air terminal’s Public Relations, points out that the national passenger flow grew 9.7% with 566 thousand 70 tourists transferred, in comparison with the 516 thousand 114 that traveled May last year. The passenger traffic in Cancun’s International Airport increased 6.5% in regard to the same month in 2015, which anticipates other good year for tourism.
He highlighted that with the sum of 1 million 721 thousand 183 national and international users catered to in the terminal, in arrivals and departures, May closed with several high percentage points, national flights on top.
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation
- US Weather Disasters Cost Record $306 Bn. Dollars in 2017
- CES 2018: "E-Sports will be the most watched and played sport in the next decade"
- iPhones Pose Suicide Risk to Teenagers, Apple Investors Warn
- By ‘eck, the 34-year-old founder of Spotify, could be worth billions this year!
- Oprah Winfrey – Will she or won’t she run for the US Presidency in 2020?