Mexico Audience Favorite at the 1st New York Drone Film FestivalBy Dania Vargas Austryjak
Film by Tarcisio Sañudo on Mexico City Airport.
Tarcisio SañudoSuárez, the director and founder of Postandfly, a company dedicated to the production of aerial videos, won the Audience Choice Award at the first ever New York City Drone Film Festival (NYCDFF).
The film Mexico City International Airport From Above by SañudoSuárez was selected together with 34 other competitors in different categories such as Best in show, Narrative, Landscape/Travel. The film was placed in the X-FACTOR category, where unfortunately it didn’t win. Instead, it took the Audience Choice Award.
The film is almost 4 minutes long and it shows the magnificence and coordination at one of the busiest airports in the world: Mexico City International (MEX). Sañudo stated on the Postandfly website: “it was a great experience to be able to be with such talented people and it was an honor to represent Mexico at such an important event for the world of aerial cinematography.”
152 films were eligible, but only 35 passed on to the final round, where 15 judges selected the winners for each category. Among the judges was Adam Savage, Mythbuster & Drone Pilot; Steve Carr, Director; Janelle Rodriguez, from NBC News; Andrea Allen, Director of Production of VIMEO; and Randy Scott Slavin, Director & NYCDFF Founder.
The NYCDFF was celebrated on March 7th at the Directors Guild of America Theater in New York City. It is the first event of its kind in the world, providing an excellent platform for films of the sort. Randy Scott Slavin is the founder and director of the festival, and also works as a director, landscape photographer, and aerial cinematographer.
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany