Opening date set for new Mayan theme park in CancunBy Elliot Bullman
Cancun´s latest attraction will draw 150,000visitors per year
A new Mayan Park attraction is set to open in the Cancun Hotel Zoneearly next year.The new park, which is being constructed in Kilometre 16 of Cancun´s hotel zone, is nearingcompletion and expected to open by mid-January.
Mayan Park project leader FranciscoCórdova Lira says the park will be completed on November 30th and will start operating in 2018. Promotions for the park will launch this month.
Mayan Park will feature cultural tourism withseveral main attractions. The park will have replicas of vestige and Maya architecture ina world that make up a Maya universe, zip lines and a boat trip through the Nichuptélagoon, as well as an offer to visit the Mayan Museum of Cancun in front of the park aswell as a Turibus tour.
Along with rides and access to learning centres such as the museum and Rey Ruins,the park will teach awareness of the Maya culture with promotional material including abook on Maya history and culture that will be distributed to travel agencies throughout October.
The project was first announced in 2013, but the initial park plan was rejected by the Ministry ofEnvironment and required adjustments. The park is an investment of more than 100million pesos and will generate 110 jobs.
It is expected to draw an average of 150,000visitors per year. The slated opening date is January 16, 2018. Admission tickets are set for $99USD per person.
- Why did the Mouse eat the Fox? To get to the other side.
- Ford Motor to shift midsize sedan production out of Mexico
- Mexico’s CFE increases Power Tariffs by 4.3%
- Fed raises interest rates, sets stage for more increases in 2018
- Set aside part of your Christmas bonus to your retirement account
- Brexit deal is a 'gentleman's agreement' says EU
- Bitcoin futures trading begins on CBOE exchange in Chicago
- Mexico’s Presidential Campaign Season Heats up as Ricardo Anaya Joins the Foray
- The Fate of Bitcoin is in the Hands of a Thousand People
- Apple Plans to Acquire Shazam
- Mexican Launches his own 'Netflix'
- Despite NAFTA and AMLO, Mexico maintains stable outlook