The opening of the Riviera Maya Film Festival 2014
The gala opening night of the Riviera Maya Film Festival 2014 featured excellent artists on the red carpet, to officially inaugurate this wonderful artistic event
Local residents, tourists, national and international actors gathered last Sunday night to attend the opening gala of the Riviera Maya Film Festival 2014, which took place at the Cancun Theater in the hotel zone.
Night Moves was the chosen film to open this films cycle, and as part of the promotion of the movie, one of the stars of the film, Peter Sarsgaard and his wife, actress Maggie Gyllenhaal went to the gala and told the media to feel very happy to be at this destination and being invited to the film festival.
The American actor said he was impressed with the program of the Riviera Maya Film Festival 2014, as he assures that there are great and interesting productions within the listing.
The event was also attended by representatives of the municipal government of Cancun, Playa del Carmen and Tulum, as well as Mr. José Alberto Alonso Ovando, Minister of Education and Culture of Quintana Roo, on behalf of the governor who gave the opening speech of the festival.
The opening gala also features members of the Young Jury, who will be in charge of granting the prize to the best film among the selection for the Mexcan Platform. These young members were selected thanks to their cinematic approach.
Another important guest of the night was Mexican actor Kuno Becker, who will take advantage of his stay in Cancun to promote his thriller "Panic 5 Bravo". He also said that while it is not in his immediate plans, he would like to make a film project in Quintana Roo, because its beauty must be shown to the world.
The Riviera Maya Film Festival 2014 will have free exhibitions in Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Puerto Morelos and Tulum until March 15th, when the closing ceremony will take place at the Paradisus Playa del Carmen.
- Spain and Mexico’s Trade Relations Curdle over Manchego Dispute
- Cape Town Water crisis: 'Day Zero' Draws Near
- MORGAN STANLEY: Here are the 6 internet stocks to bet on in 2018
- Ford announces $11B investment, 40 electrified vehicles by 2022 at Detroit Motor Show
- Automobile Revenues will fall 40% due to Electric and Autonomous Vehicles
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation