The Other side of the Tianguis Turistico de MexicoBy Fernanda Duque Hernández
The most important business trade between Mexico and US.
During Monday’s inauguration ceremony of the Tianguis Turístico México in Acapulco, Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto highlighted the participation of buyers, travel agents and wholesalers from all over the world, especially the United States, which still represents the main market for Mexico’s tourism industry.
The Tianguis Turístico México has gathered over 300 companies on its 40th edition. According to Richard Karnes, Vice-president of Tourism & Relationships of Mark Travel Foundation, this is an excellent opportunity for wholesalers to meet the state tourism offices of Mexico and set sales expectations of this 2015.
As an agent of Funjet Vacations, Southwest Vacations, Airline Vacations and United Vacations, Karnes said that its role is to support the business meetings between American companies and the tourism bureaus of Mexico, the main destination for agencies in the United States.
During an interview with México News Network, Karnes affirmed that American citizens see Mexico as a safe destination to travel, especially the Mexican Caribbean.
The Mark Travel Foundation, is one of the largest wholesalers of the United States. The company works with more than 1,100 destinations worldwide and in Mexico it has established a long business partnership with Lomas Travel Group, which Karnes described as one of his company's largest partners due to its high quality of service and variety of products.
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California