The Other side of the Tianguis Turistico de MexicoBy Fernanda Duque Hernández
The most important business trade between Mexico and US.
During Monday’s inauguration ceremony of the Tianguis Turístico México in Acapulco, Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto highlighted the participation of buyers, travel agents and wholesalers from all over the world, especially the United States, which still represents the main market for Mexico’s tourism industry.
The Tianguis Turístico México has gathered over 300 companies on its 40th edition. According to Richard Karnes, Vice-president of Tourism & Relationships of Mark Travel Foundation, this is an excellent opportunity for wholesalers to meet the state tourism offices of Mexico and set sales expectations of this 2015.
As an agent of Funjet Vacations, Southwest Vacations, Airline Vacations and United Vacations, Karnes said that its role is to support the business meetings between American companies and the tourism bureaus of Mexico, the main destination for agencies in the United States.
During an interview with México News Network, Karnes affirmed that American citizens see Mexico as a safe destination to travel, especially the Mexican Caribbean.
The Mark Travel Foundation, is one of the largest wholesalers of the United States. The company works with more than 1,100 destinations worldwide and in Mexico it has established a long business partnership with Lomas Travel Group, which Karnes described as one of his company's largest partners due to its high quality of service and variety of products.
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany
- First ladies speak out on Trump separation policy
- Women sustain half of Mexico’s economy but earn crippling wages
- Dunkin' Donuts to reach 100 stores in Mexico thanks to millennials