Google Enables Virtual Tour of the Palace of Fine ArtsBy Dania Vargas Austryjak
Can’t go? No problem! Just Google your way in!
Information tech giant Google, has recently launched a virtual tour from inside and out of one Mexico’s most emblematic landmarks, the Palace of Fine Arts, enabling anyone with internet connection to get to know this cultural and artistic piece of heritage.
The Palace of Fine Arts, or Palacio de Bellas Artes, is a breathtaking building located in the Historic Centre of Mexico City, which was incorporated onto the World Heritage List by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) in 1987. It is a space dedicated to art and its different expressions, a place that holds years of Mexican history, a landmark that should be shared by everyone around the world. And guess what? Now, it’s entirely possible!
Through Google’s Street View platform, it is now possible to enter and tour every corner or the Palace of Fine Arts, from the dressing rooms to the basement to the magnificent main stage where the stained glass curtain is.
Thanks to Google’s Special Collects tool, it is possible to thoroughly gather images from indoor and outdoor spaces, creating a detailed virtual tour immersing the user in over 470 iconic places to see around the world, including little over 75 sites in Mexico, with access just a click away.
If you’d like to enter the Palace of Fine Arts virtually, you can access this link: http://www.bellasartes.gob.mx/recorrido-bellas-artes/web/
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California