Mexican Caribbean Pavilion Inaugurated at Tianguis Turístico México 2015By Romina Martínez Sánchez
Quintana Roo governor points to numerous attractions.
The governor of the Mexican state of Quintana Roo, Roberto Borge Angulo, inaugurated the Mexican Caribbean Pavilion on the second day of the 40th edition of the Tianguis Turístico México, which is currently taking place in the coastal city of Acapulco.
Among those attending were members of the pavilion’s “promotion caravan”, including Darío Flota Ocampo, the Director of the Riviera Maya Trust Fund; Laura Fernández Piña, the state Secretary of Tourism of Quintana Roo; Jesús Almaguer Salazar, Director of the Bureau of Visitors and Conventions; and Carlos Gosselin, the President of the Cancún and Puerto Morelos Hotel Association.
Governor Borge stated his pride in showcasing the beauty of the Mexican Caribbean at an event like Tianguis Turístico México and highlighted the fact that Mexico has returned to the World Tourism Organization’s top ten most visited countries list of 2014, as stated by President Enrique Peña Nieto the day of the event’s inauguration.
On the topic of security for tourists, the governor Borge guaranteed the peace of mind of visitors and pointed to the high numbers of Spring Breakers who are in Cancún and the Riviera Maya. He also noted that the authorities are prepared to receive the large numbers of nationals arriving during the week before Easter.
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California