Federal Police prepares to aid the people affected by hurricane
Mexico City, October 23rd.- The Federal Police deployed more than 400 elements of the Coordination of Law and Order Restoration divisions of federal forces and gendarmerie to provide support to citizens from the states at risk, with the arrival of Hurricane Patricia.
The National Safety Commission (CNS) explained that this initial deployment was carried out by instructions of the Interior Minister, Miguel Ángel Osorio Chong, to warn of the possible effects that this natural phenomenon could cause.
If necessary, a second deployment will join a similar number of elements in the next hours to invite the citizens to concentrate in safeguarded areas, and in such cases help with the evacuation of buildings and transfer to safe places.
The staff of the Federal Police has doctors, paramedics, rescuers, ambulances, buses, Unimog ATVs and patrols; as well as rescue, diving, fast water and hydraulic teams.
They also have outboard engine boats, various tools, warps, vests, floats, power suppliers and water purification plants, among others.
This team will remain active until the weather conditions improve, and if required, more elements will be directed to the areas affected by category 5 hurricane Patricia.
The CNS advised the citizens from the affected zones to take precautions and made available the phone number 088, where aid for any contingency will be offered, guidance will be provided to users of general means of communication, information on highway closures and alternate routes. (Notimex)
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California