President Peña Nieto cancels public affairs to attend hurricane emergency
Mexico City, October 23rd.- President Enrique Peña Nieto canceled this Friday his public affairs, due to the imminent emergency situation of the approach of hurricane Patricia to the coasts of the Mexican Pacific.
The commander in chief was scheduled today to lead the celebration for Day of the Doctor at the General Hospital of Mexico at 12:00 p.m., accompanied by the Health Secretariat, Mercedes Juan.
Nevertheless, the president canceled his participation to give personal follow up to the supporting actions taking place in the states of Colima, Jalisco and Nayarit, where the hurricane’s forecast has predicted the impact of this category 5 hurricane by the afternoon.
At the event, Peña Nieto was inaugurating the new Surgical Tower of the General Hospital of Mexico “Doctor Eduardo Liceaga”.
The president maintains communication with the secretaries of Agriculture, José Calzada Rovirosa; who is in Colima; of Communications and Transportation, Gerardo Ruiz, who was commissioned to Jalisco; and of Tourism, Enrique de la Madrid, who traveled to Nayarit to take care of the president’s instructions. (Notimex)
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany