President Peña Nieto cancels public affairs to attend hurricane emergency
Mexico City, October 23rd.- President Enrique Peña Nieto canceled this Friday his public affairs, due to the imminent emergency situation of the approach of hurricane Patricia to the coasts of the Mexican Pacific.
The commander in chief was scheduled today to lead the celebration for Day of the Doctor at the General Hospital of Mexico at 12:00 p.m., accompanied by the Health Secretariat, Mercedes Juan.
Nevertheless, the president canceled his participation to give personal follow up to the supporting actions taking place in the states of Colima, Jalisco and Nayarit, where the hurricane’s forecast has predicted the impact of this category 5 hurricane by the afternoon.
At the event, Peña Nieto was inaugurating the new Surgical Tower of the General Hospital of Mexico “Doctor Eduardo Liceaga”.
The president maintains communication with the secretaries of Agriculture, José Calzada Rovirosa; who is in Colima; of Communications and Transportation, Gerardo Ruiz, who was commissioned to Jalisco; and of Tourism, Enrique de la Madrid, who traveled to Nayarit to take care of the president’s instructions. (Notimex)
- MORGAN STANLEY: Here are the 6 internet stocks to bet on in 2018
- Ford announces $11B investment, 40 electrified vehicles by 2022 at Detroit Motor Show
- Automobile Revenues will fall 40% due to Electric and Autonomous Vehicles
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation
- US Weather Disasters Cost Record $306 Bn. Dollars in 2017
- CES 2018: "E-Sports will be the most watched and played sport in the next decade"