President Peña Nieto cancels public affairs to attend hurricane emergency
Mexico City, October 23rd.- President Enrique Peña Nieto canceled this Friday his public affairs, due to the imminent emergency situation of the approach of hurricane Patricia to the coasts of the Mexican Pacific.
The commander in chief was scheduled today to lead the celebration for Day of the Doctor at the General Hospital of Mexico at 12:00 p.m., accompanied by the Health Secretariat, Mercedes Juan.
Nevertheless, the president canceled his participation to give personal follow up to the supporting actions taking place in the states of Colima, Jalisco and Nayarit, where the hurricane’s forecast has predicted the impact of this category 5 hurricane by the afternoon.
At the event, Peña Nieto was inaugurating the new Surgical Tower of the General Hospital of Mexico “Doctor Eduardo Liceaga”.
The president maintains communication with the secretaries of Agriculture, José Calzada Rovirosa; who is in Colima; of Communications and Transportation, Gerardo Ruiz, who was commissioned to Jalisco; and of Tourism, Enrique de la Madrid, who traveled to Nayarit to take care of the president’s instructions. (Notimex)
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California