The Rafa Marquez Foundation in Cancun
The Fundacion Rafa Marquez (a philanthropic organization created by soccer player Rafael Marquez) will seek to bring over 6,000 families from North America- US and Canada- for the year 2014, through their Vacaciones Inolvidables program. Part of the income from these sales will be destined directly to his cause, which supports education, the development of sports and fights against hunger, focusing on the children of El Salto, Tonala and Zamora in the state of Jalisco and Michoacan.
With the support and collaboration of Yucatan Holidays and Cancun’s Conventions and Visitors Bureau, they will seek to increase the number of benefitted children, and even open up new dining halls to support more kids, because they are already established in 30 counties of the nation, including a few in Cancun and Riviera Maya.
The year 2014 will certainly be a football soccer year, because with the upcoming World Cup in Brazil, the foundation may be slightly jeopardized; nonetheless the CEO of Yucatan Holidays announced that far from looking at it with such perspective, see it as an opportunity to grow, into Latin America and broaden over that market.
Estimates indicate that this year, Brazilian tourists will travel more and increase their overall activity, because some Brazilians would rather escape from the hustling and hectic of the World Cup than stay. Another factor to consider that would bring more tourists into the destination, is the official elimination of the visa between Mexico and Brazil, and an increase in the number of flights between both destinations.
During the year 2013, Brazilian tourists registered a significant increase in their traveling activity, and this year hoteliers in the area expect to receive between 4 and 5 thousand Brazilians, dying and eager to encounter with the Mexican Caribbean. 90% of visitors from this nation opt for Cancun and Riviera Maya for vacations, positioning as number two Mexico City as their favorite destination.
The development of promotional campaigns like Vacaciones Inolvidables (meaning in English Unforgettable Vacations) will contribute toward a better future for children, and will also generate important revenue for the destination. In rough numbers, the foundation in the year 2012 generated income of 3 million pesos for Cancun.
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany