Live, hear and feel the jazz like no other place!
The Riviera Maya Jazz Festival 2014
According to Wynton Marsalis, trumpeter, composer, teacher and artistic director at Lincoln Center in New York, "The real power of Jazz is that a group of people can come together and create improvised art and negotiate their agendas... and that negotiation is the art".
Once a year, every year something happens in Playa del Carmen! Melodies, instruments and the funky beats of jazz perfectly blend with the soothing sound of the waves, the breeze and warmth of the Caribbean Sea…. Under a starlit sky, renowned jazz artists grab a special place on the stage and deliver an outstanding live jazz performance!
Named as one of the 10 best Jazz Festivals in the world, the Riviera Maya Jazz Festival gathered in a three-day event, some of the best performers of this musical gender. The lineup for the 13th edition of the festival received the live presentation of the following artists: Colin Hunter, Jorge Vercillo, Virgil Donati, Hiram Gomez, Kenny Garrett, Pat Metheny Unity Band and Chick Corea & The Vigil.
The Riviera Maya Jazz Festival experience was incredible! It’s an event that continues acquiring international recognition with time, keeping an intimate atmosphere always.
Playa Mamitas Beach Club is the current scenario for the most important events of Playa del Carmen. This is the place where the BPM and the Corona SunSets take place but –different to these events–, the Riviera Maya Jazz Festival delivers a completely different experience.
All those who stay true to the festival and go year after year, are well aware that this festival is a lot more than a mere concert: It’s a one-of-a-kind musical experience you have to live and feel for yourself!
It’s almost like a tradition for all those who go to the Riviera Maya Jazz Festival, to carry with them all they need to hear music and enjoy a night picnic under the starry sky, overlooking the glistening Caribbean Sea. They take towels, portable chairs, coolers with food, cheese and wine, as well as tablecloths that take up the entire beach!
Overall, the evening was long… However, it was all worth it! The event started every day at 7pm and finished until 12, or 12.30 am! But for 4 hours nonstop, everyone was able to enjoy the delicious and incredible rhythms of jazz!
Thanks to events like this, more people are discovering and falling in love with jazz. The Riviera Maya Jazz Festival is the perfect opportunity to live the Mexican Caribbean.
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany