"The Phenomenon" will open soccer academies in MexicoBy Renán Moguel
Cancun and Playa del Carmen, locations selected by the former player of Real Madrid and Barcelona, Ronaldo
The Brazilian former soccer star, Luis Nazario de Lima, Ronaldo, will invest in the construction of two soccer academies in Cancun and Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, which might start operations by early 2017.
During the celebration of “The Phenomenon’s” inclusion to the Hall of Fame of Soccer in Pachuca, Benjamin Mathies, the player’s partner, announced that in March 2017, the retired footballer will personally present this project in Quintana Roo.
He highlighted that the construction of these academies will be done on a property with close to 50 acres, and that beside soccer fields, they will also have a number of amenities around them.
Even though he didn’t mention the amount of the investment for the construction of these facilities, Mathies assured this will be the beginning of several academies the football player wants to set up in Mexico.
So far, Ronaldo is the only retired professional player making such investment in Quintana Roo. Although the state’s major interest is in the tourism industry, this fact could attract investment of other “big” ones, such as Cristiano Ronaldo, who likes investing in construction and acquisition of hotels.
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany