Roxanna Castellanos, Mexican comedian makes debut on U.S. TVBy Dania Vargas Austryjak
New variety show for Hispanic community.
Mexican actress, TV host and comedian, Roxanna Castellanos, will be starring in her own variety show, produced by Cisneros Studios, an independent producer of Spanish-language programming in the United States, much of which is broadcasted on Univisión.
The new show, titled Roxanna, will feature mixed content with funny situations, celebrity interviews, monologues, comic sketches, contests and musical performances. It will also display discussions on different viewpoints of life situations, of course with Roxanna’s own personal touch.
Castellanos has been part of Mexican show business for almost 20 years now, making inroads in the comedic late night talk show show, Otro Rollo, hosted by fellow comedy star, Adal Ramones. Roxanna started her career in theater, which has been a big part of her life throughout her media career. However, she has also participated in a variety of morning shows, telenovelas (soap operas) and other comedy shows, always featuring her characteristic sense of humor and charming personality.
“It’s an honor and pleasure to have Roxanna Castellanos as part of the Cisneros Studios team,” stated the Executive Vice President of Operations of Cisneros Studios, Juan Carlos Sosa, in reference to Castellanos. “Her high level of professionalism, kindness, sensitivity and humility are a combination that will have an immediate impact and connect with Hispanic audiences.”
Roxanna Castellanos is reportedly thrilled to be participating in this show. “When news came to me about this show, I immediately knew that this was my life project,” she stated in a communiqué from Cisneros. “To be able to be behind a show that bears my name represents so many things to me. I want to demonstrate all I have learned throughout my career. I want to be me, just as I am… I want people to see the real Roxanna”.
To which she also added, “This show is a dream I had more than 20 years ago, to make television for Hispanics living in the United States. Today, I know that dream come true… so I’m putting all my heart into this show,” quoted at the official press release from Cisneros Studios.
We sincerely wish Roxanna the best and the biggest success on this new venture as the host of her own show. Stay tuned on further information on Roxanna´s upcoming pilot.
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California