Santiago PerezGrovas, the first photographer to appear on the cover of PlayboyBy Valeria Tenorio
The Mexican’s work can be seen in the publication’s June edition.
The Mexican photographer Santiago PerezGrovas has just made history. Not only has he taken photos for one of the most coveted publications, but moreover he has become the first photographer in the world to ever appear on the cover of Playboy.
With over a million followers on Instagram, PerezGrovas is part of a new generation of photographers that has won fame and popularity thanks to the internet. In fact, it was in 2011 that the 28 year old decided to leave behind his career as an architect in order to dedicate himself to becoming a full time photographer.
Hicimos historia. Esta es la primer portada de Playboy en el mundo donde sale el fotógrafo en ella.— Santiago PerezGrovas (@santiagopgm) 28 de mayo de 2018
Este logro lo comparto con ustedes por que yo se que sin su apoyo nunca hubiera llegado. Gracias!
En unos días a la venta! @PlayboyMX edición Junio 2018. pic.twitter.com/DBwbO8K0Fo
Thanks to a friend that asked him to create her personal portfolio, Santiago realised that he had an enormous talent and love for the art of photography. Such has been the acclaim for his work that women from all over the world have since clamoured to get him to take their photos.
According to the artist’s own ideology, his goal first and foremost is to highlight his model’s femininity and sensuality while maintaining a natural air. He has said on more than one occasion that he prefers to use natural light filters rather than flash or reflectors.
PerezGrovas’ work can be admired by everyone and he publishes daily updates to his Instagram account of women in swimwear or underwear. His work has been widely published in a range of magazines like Esquire, Soho, TimeOut, Maxim, Life & Style, among others.
The shoot that he has just completed for the June edition of Playboy Mexico was conducted in Bacalar and Tulum and features PerezGrovas on the cover as well as the American model Amberleigh West. The Argentinian models Justina Pons and Pau Alonzo, are also featured.
- Mexico, Canada &US joint bid wins right to host the World Cup in 2026
- AMLO says NAFTA is not the be all and end all for Mexico
- Singapore summit may be the beginning of the end for the US as the world's leader
- University of Texas study signals that Bitcoin’s 2017 bull run was driven by market manipulation
- Trump Kim summit: North Korea sets out its Singapore agenda
- G7 summit: Donald Trump lashes out at America's key allies
- Survey: Inequality has been overlooked in the run up to the candidates' third round of debate
- “Mexico was ready to launch countermeasures to Trump’s trade war”: Economic Analysts
- Fashion world mourns Kate Spade after apparent suicide
- Guatemala volcano latest: Death toll rises to 33
- Facebook gave user data to 60 companies including Apple, Amazon, and Samsung
- Luis Miguel, the series impacts the world of fashion