Saving the beaches of Cancun
Government, citizen and private institutions work together to save and preserve the beaches of Cancun
Riviera Maya’s white beaches are internationally famous. Soft and warm they invite everyone to spend relaxing moments, see the ocean or maybe sunbathing; but to preserve the beauty of the Cancun’s beaches, the support of everybody is necessary.
Cancun’s beaches are not the same as those some years ago; natural disasters and humankind have affected the shores. Maybe the worst moment was after hurricane Wilma; strong winds take out hundreds of meters of sand, leaving the shore with great damage.
Authorities started to look for a solution. Biologist, engineers and other experts were call to repair the damage left for the hurricane. Thanks to technology the sand could go back at shore and once more Cancun beaches were again beautiful.
After all the work, they figured out that that preservation of the beach would need the collaboration of everyone in the city so the clean-up season began.
From Tulum to the continental part of Isla Mujeres, there’s been several clean up brigades, mostly organized by citizen associations and private organizations, who have decided to work together to help not just the economy, but also to take care of the flora and fauna.
This is happening in all of Mexico! People that live at shores want to see their beaches clean and beautiful as they used to.
And it’s working! Beaches in Mexico are improving and this labor is being recognized and awarded by international organisms such as Blue Flag. There has even been a substantial raise in the amount of beaches in Mexico with the Blue Flag distinction, which guarantees that they comply with international standards and also have public services, such as bathroom, showers and benches, along with emergency systems.
The work doesn’t finish here… There is more we can do to save the beaches of the world! Just follow some of these easy steps, such as not throwing garbage or leaving cigarette butts on the beach... These small measures are big help to take care of the white and soft beaches.
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California