Carlos Slim envisions U.S. TV Channel "For Mexicans by Mexicans"By Elliot Bullman
Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim is launching a new Spanish language television nework in the Unoted States in an effort to compete with giants Univision and Televisa.
The channel, called Nuestra Visión, (Our Vision) will feature programming “tailored specifically to the Mexican audience with 100 per cent Mexican content,” said Publicidad y Contenido Editorial, which is launching the station.
The company´s strategy is to specifically target 35 million Mexican-Americans, the largest segment of the US Hispanic audience, by offering 100% Mexican content made by Mexicans.
The content that will be broadcast on the new television station will be partly provided by Claro Sports and Uno TV, both also properties of the Mexican Tycoon.
Nuestra Vision will broadcast news, movies and sports highlights, America Movil said, stressing the company's pledge to be "100 percent" Mexican and promote Mexico's heritage.
Slim, a major force in pay TV in Latin America, has been kept out of the Mexican market by regulators wary of the financial muscle he can bring to bear from his telecoms empire.
The Mexican population represents the most significant segment of Hispanic minorities in the United States,” said Victor Herrera, Nuestra Visión’s president. He sees the new channel having a wide audience “reaching every age group”.
- Spain and Mexico’s Trade Relations Curdle over Manchego Dispute
- Cape Town Water crisis: 'Day Zero' Draws Near
- MORGAN STANLEY: Here are the 6 internet stocks to bet on in 2018
- Ford announces $11B investment, 40 electrified vehicles by 2022 at Detroit Motor Show
- Automobile Revenues will fall 40% due to Electric and Autonomous Vehicles
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation