Slim's proposal for negotiating NAFTA with TrumpBy Elliot Bullman
Entrepreneur Carlos Slim said that Mexico has everything to successfully negotiate the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) with President Trump.
In a press conference, the Chairman of the Board of Directors of Grupo Financiero Inbursa affirmed that emphasis should be placed on national investment and national infrastructure, housing, urban redevelopment and communications programs.
"it is necessary to unite all of society, businessmen and government. United we are stronger in the negotiations," he said.
Slim sees the actions of president Trump as a reconfiguration of modern civilization: "It is a return to industrialization, to manufacturing without a qualitative and rational reason, we hope you realize that it is not there."
Instead, he referenced China's ability to adapt to new transformations and acclaimed their sustainable business model: "I believe that in this new service society where technology has changed exponentially, countries such as Korea and China have done very well taking 30 million people of poverty each year through the use of technology".
Regarding the wall, the Mexican businessman said that "the best barrier is to invest in Mexico, to strengthen legal security, the Transparency Law, the National Anticorruption System, lower current spending, boost public spending and offer jobs to Mexicans."
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California