Slim's proposal for negotiating NAFTA with TrumpBy Elliot Bullman
Entrepreneur Carlos Slim said that Mexico has everything to successfully negotiate the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) with President Trump.
In a press conference, the Chairman of the Board of Directors of Grupo Financiero Inbursa affirmed that emphasis should be placed on national investment and national infrastructure, housing, urban redevelopment and communications programs.
"it is necessary to unite all of society, businessmen and government. United we are stronger in the negotiations," he said.
Slim sees the actions of president Trump as a reconfiguration of modern civilization: "It is a return to industrialization, to manufacturing without a qualitative and rational reason, we hope you realize that it is not there."
Instead, he referenced China's ability to adapt to new transformations and acclaimed their sustainable business model: "I believe that in this new service society where technology has changed exponentially, countries such as Korea and China have done very well taking 30 million people of poverty each year through the use of technology".
Regarding the wall, the Mexican businessman said that "the best barrier is to invest in Mexico, to strengthen legal security, the Transparency Law, the National Anticorruption System, lower current spending, boost public spending and offer jobs to Mexicans."
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany