Mexico City swaps squats for rides!By
Mexico City’s Health Stations will take your calories for a ride and provide free transport.
A fun, practical and cheap way of reaching your final destination, was implemented in several metro stations in Mexico City.
Scattered across Mexico City, you’ll find health stations in metro stations , which may seem like plain booths but actually provide a little more… These “health stations” are machines that will dispense a metro ticket…. In exchange for how much? Not a penny! They don’t want your money, just your calories, as the payment method is getting down and doing ten squads! Pretty interesting, right?
In Mexico, 70% of adults and almost a third of children suffer from obesity or at least overweight, that’s why the capital’s Health Secretary, Mr. Jose Armando Ahued Ortega decided to set up this measure as an attention call to the entire population.
There’s a growing concern about this problem, which today is at higher rates in Mexico, than in the United States and Australia.
Commuting via subway across Mexico City is one of the most important means of transport; therefore thirty health stations were installed throughout the city, where more than five million daily users will have the opportunity of traveling for free and losing some calories at the same, with this fun and fit new measure.
Additionally, through these machines, the first 80,000 users will get a pedometer that will help them measure their energy output.
So, next time you visit Mexico City, remember to bring your workout clothes with you, as you may get a free ride in exchange for some calories. It’s a win-win situation!
- NAFTA meeting on tap; Mexico doesn’t want to be used to elude US tariffs
- Mexico is second on world’s best places to retire list
- New video editing trend could be the future of ´fake news'
- Trump says North Korea talks under way but he may not meet Kim Jong-un
- Mexico’s candidates are avoiding talking about the elephant in the room: Pensions
- Elon Musk just sank more than $100 million into The Boring Company
- Netflix is soaring after it crushed subscriber growth targets yet again
- Starbucks: Protesters call for boycott after black men arrested
- Mexico Leads Worldwide List for Work Related Stress
- Despite making more money than ever Airlines face a multitude of problems
- Mexico climbs from thirteenth to sixth most popular international tourism destination
- Comey Calls Trump ‘Morally Unfit’ and a ‘Stain’ on All Around Him