‘Teotihuacan Night Experience’ by 2016By Fernanda Duque Hernández
Lights and video will tell the story of the 'City of the Gods'
As the Great Pyramid of Egypt or the Acropolis in Greece, Teotihuacan will have its first light and sound show, a display that has been designed to reveal part of the fascinating history of ‘The City of the Gods’.
The 45 minutes show is divided in two parts. The first one is an amazing animation projected on the ‘Pyramid of the Sun’ and tells the fascinating history and culture of Teotihuacan, a mysterious civilization that disappeared before the arrival of the Aztec town to the Mexican valley.
After the first projection, the audience will have to walk down through the ‘Avenue of the Dead’ to the ‘Moon Square’ to witness the second part of the show, for this experience, attendees will have the support of audio guides that will be available in six languages.
Because of the age of the buildings the National Institute of Anthropology and History (INAH) supervised every step of the ‘Experiencia Nocturna en Teotihuacan’ (Teotihuacan Night Experience) production. Experts and archeologist were very close to this project that was set up by the State of Mexico Government to raise the number of visitors to this zone.
“It was not an easy task, the INAH was very strict and it is great to follow such protocols, because –after all- it is their duty to protect the cultural and historical heritage of our country”, said Eruviel Avila, State of Mexico governor.
In fact, the project has been on a pre-production stage for years, but now the staff has solved the projection to be done without affecting the ancient structure.
Imagen Original: “Teotihuacan”, de: Oscar Peñalva CC BY-NC-ND 2.0 vía Flickr
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany