‘Teotihuacan Night Experience’ by 2016By Fernanda Duque Hernández
Lights and video will tell the story of the 'City of the Gods'
As the Great Pyramid of Egypt or the Acropolis in Greece, Teotihuacan will have its first light and sound show, a display that has been designed to reveal part of the fascinating history of ‘The City of the Gods’.
The 45 minutes show is divided in two parts. The first one is an amazing animation projected on the ‘Pyramid of the Sun’ and tells the fascinating history and culture of Teotihuacan, a mysterious civilization that disappeared before the arrival of the Aztec town to the Mexican valley.
After the first projection, the audience will have to walk down through the ‘Avenue of the Dead’ to the ‘Moon Square’ to witness the second part of the show, for this experience, attendees will have the support of audio guides that will be available in six languages.
Because of the age of the buildings the National Institute of Anthropology and History (INAH) supervised every step of the ‘Experiencia Nocturna en Teotihuacan’ (Teotihuacan Night Experience) production. Experts and archeologist were very close to this project that was set up by the State of Mexico Government to raise the number of visitors to this zone.
“It was not an easy task, the INAH was very strict and it is great to follow such protocols, because –after all- it is their duty to protect the cultural and historical heritage of our country”, said Eruviel Avila, State of Mexico governor.
In fact, the project has been on a pre-production stage for years, but now the staff has solved the projection to be done without affecting the ancient structure.
Imagen Original: “Teotihuacan”, de: Oscar Peñalva CC BY-NC-ND 2.0 vía Flickr
- Spain and Mexico’s Trade Relations Curdle over Manchego Dispute
- Cape Town Water crisis: 'Day Zero' Draws Near
- MORGAN STANLEY: Here are the 6 internet stocks to bet on in 2018
- Ford announces $11B investment, 40 electrified vehicles by 2022 at Detroit Motor Show
- Automobile Revenues will fall 40% due to Electric and Autonomous Vehicles
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation