‘Teotihuacan Night Experience’ by 2016By Fernanda Duque Hernández
Lights and video will tell the story of the 'City of the Gods'
As the Great Pyramid of Egypt or the Acropolis in Greece, Teotihuacan will have its first light and sound show, a display that has been designed to reveal part of the fascinating history of ‘The City of the Gods’.
The 45 minutes show is divided in two parts. The first one is an amazing animation projected on the ‘Pyramid of the Sun’ and tells the fascinating history and culture of Teotihuacan, a mysterious civilization that disappeared before the arrival of the Aztec town to the Mexican valley.
After the first projection, the audience will have to walk down through the ‘Avenue of the Dead’ to the ‘Moon Square’ to witness the second part of the show, for this experience, attendees will have the support of audio guides that will be available in six languages.
Because of the age of the buildings the National Institute of Anthropology and History (INAH) supervised every step of the ‘Experiencia Nocturna en Teotihuacan’ (Teotihuacan Night Experience) production. Experts and archeologist were very close to this project that was set up by the State of Mexico Government to raise the number of visitors to this zone.
“It was not an easy task, the INAH was very strict and it is great to follow such protocols, because –after all- it is their duty to protect the cultural and historical heritage of our country”, said Eruviel Avila, State of Mexico governor.
In fact, the project has been on a pre-production stage for years, but now the staff has solved the projection to be done without affecting the ancient structure.
Imagen Original: “Teotihuacan”, de: Oscar Peñalva CC BY-NC-ND 2.0 vía Flickr
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California