Tiger Woods playing in Mexico for the First TimeBy Fernanda Duque Hernández
Mexico City Country Club host of the Bridgestone America’s Golf Cup.
For the first time, Tiger Woods will play in Mexico at the Bridgestone America’s Golf Cup, event that will take place on October 22nd to 25th at the Mexico City Country Club. This tournament was presented by the Value financial group and it is included at the official calendar of the PGA Latin America Tour.
According to the Mexican Sport National Commission (CONADE), the Bridgestone America’s Golf Cup will feature 22 best golf teams of the American ranking plus another 6 teams that were invited to participate… All of them competing against each other for the win! The winners will receive the grand prize of $300,000 USD!
Matt Kuchar will be playing side by side Tiger Woods. Matt currently holds the 17th place of the PGA world ranking. Players Carlos Ortiz and Rodolfo Cazaubón will represent Mexico during the competition.
Beside the fact that Ortiz is debuting at this 2015 PGA tour, his outstanding performance at the Web.com Tour has granted excellent reviews; on the other hand Rodolfo Cazaubón is having a fantastic year at the Latin America PGA Tour, so far he has won 2 titles and is the actual number 1 in the Order of Merit of the tour.
About the participation of Tiger Woods at this PGA tour in Mexico, the president of the CONADE, Alfredo Castillo said: “I consider him the man who revolutionized this sport, which at the time was only practiced by older people. Today, hundreds of thousands of children and youth are the main athletes of the discipline”.
Castillo also added that it’s important to spread the interest for golf, mainly because it has been incorporated into the Rio de Janeiro Olympic Games in 2016.
The general manager of the Bridgestone America’s Golf Club told to CNN that he chose Mexico as host of this international tournament because of its challenging courses “They’re very aspirational for the rest of South American Countries”.
Mexico Country Club is the oldest course of 18 holes, par 72 in Mexico; it was designed by the Scottish golfer, Willie Smith on the grounds of the ancient San Pedro Golf Club, which was closed on October 4th 1905. The House-Club was constructed by the English architect, Grove Johnson and for years it has been the host of important social events in Mexico.
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California