Tiger Woods playing in Mexico for the First TimeBy Fernanda Duque Hernández
Mexico City Country Club host of the Bridgestone America’s Golf Cup.
For the first time, Tiger Woods will play in Mexico at the Bridgestone America’s Golf Cup, event that will take place on October 22nd to 25th at the Mexico City Country Club. This tournament was presented by the Value financial group and it is included at the official calendar of the PGA Latin America Tour.
According to the Mexican Sport National Commission (CONADE), the Bridgestone America’s Golf Cup will feature 22 best golf teams of the American ranking plus another 6 teams that were invited to participate… All of them competing against each other for the win! The winners will receive the grand prize of $300,000 USD!
Matt Kuchar will be playing side by side Tiger Woods. Matt currently holds the 17th place of the PGA world ranking. Players Carlos Ortiz and Rodolfo Cazaubón will represent Mexico during the competition.
Beside the fact that Ortiz is debuting at this 2015 PGA tour, his outstanding performance at the Web.com Tour has granted excellent reviews; on the other hand Rodolfo Cazaubón is having a fantastic year at the Latin America PGA Tour, so far he has won 2 titles and is the actual number 1 in the Order of Merit of the tour.
About the participation of Tiger Woods at this PGA tour in Mexico, the president of the CONADE, Alfredo Castillo said: “I consider him the man who revolutionized this sport, which at the time was only practiced by older people. Today, hundreds of thousands of children and youth are the main athletes of the discipline”.
Castillo also added that it’s important to spread the interest for golf, mainly because it has been incorporated into the Rio de Janeiro Olympic Games in 2016.
The general manager of the Bridgestone America’s Golf Club told to CNN that he chose Mexico as host of this international tournament because of its challenging courses “They’re very aspirational for the rest of South American Countries”.
Mexico Country Club is the oldest course of 18 holes, par 72 in Mexico; it was designed by the Scottish golfer, Willie Smith on the grounds of the ancient San Pedro Golf Club, which was closed on October 4th 1905. The House-Club was constructed by the English architect, Grove Johnson and for years it has been the host of important social events in Mexico.
- Spain and Mexico’s Trade Relations Curdle over Manchego Dispute
- Cape Town Water crisis: 'Day Zero' Draws Near
- MORGAN STANLEY: Here are the 6 internet stocks to bet on in 2018
- Ford announces $11B investment, 40 electrified vehicles by 2022 at Detroit Motor Show
- Automobile Revenues will fall 40% due to Electric and Autonomous Vehicles
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation