Top 5 Mexicans on the 2015 Forbes Billionaires ListBy Dania Vargas Austryjak
Wealthiest people in Mexico.
Forbes, the leading US business magazine and online media company, releases every year its Billionaires List, this is the 29th edition where a record of 1,826 individuals were ranked in the 2015 list. Including 16 Mexican billionaires and here are the top 5
Carlos Slim Helu
Positioned on the #2 rank on the list, the magnate has topped the list in four previous times from 2010 to 2013. This year he is once again in the second position with a Net Worth of $75.3 billion, fortune he managed to earn thanks to his numerous companies in communications, real estate and technology, to mention a few.
German Larrea Mota Velasco
Taking the #79 position, with a Net Worth of $13.7 billion; amount earned from holding the majority of the largest mining company in Mexico, and also other companies including transportation, communications, and construction.
Alberto Baillères González
The business man ranked in the #121 position, chairman of Grupo Bal, which controls many companies such as Mexico’s second largest mining company and large department store chain. He is classified in the list with a Net Worth of $10.4 billion.
Ricardo Salinas Pliego
Large appliance retail company, banking company and TV business have all pulled in to build the Net Worth of $7.4 billion and placing him in the #182 position. He is head of Mexico’s second largest TV companies and has ventured in the triple play service (cable TV, internet and telephone).
Eva Gonda de Rivera
The first woman on our list and ranked in the #192 position with a Net Worth of $7.2 billion. This businesswoman and her daughters own a large stake on Mexico’s largest beverage corporation and Latin America's biggest independent Coca-Cola bottler and distributor, inherited from her late husband and former chairman of the company, Eugenio Garza Lagüera.
These Mexicans have managed to control large part of the global economy together with the rest of the billionaires ranked on the list. If you’d like to review the full list please visit: http://www.forbes.com/billionaires/list/
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany
- First ladies speak out on Trump separation policy
- Women sustain half of Mexico’s economy but earn crippling wages
- Dunkin' Donuts to reach 100 stores in Mexico thanks to millennials