The tourism industry in Quintana Roo
Riviera Maya and Cancun are the number one destinations in the state of Quintana Roo that managed to consolidate themselves as a world power in tourism for Mexico and Latin America; this is the result of the arrival of over 17 million tourists in the entity.
With 77,500 hotel rooms available in both destinations, the area was able to exceed numbers and figures generated in the year 2012. It is estimated that the hotel industry grew by 1.4% during the year 2013, which traduces into revenue of 90 million pesos for the entire country.
The Cancun International Airport registered numbers unlike any other! The terminal broke record by giving service to 16.5 million passengers through the terminal.
This was all possible thanks to collaborative work that has been carried out for some time now, as well as the excellent services that Cancun and Riviera Maya bring to every tourist.
- Mexico City, Thirsty and Sinking, Faces a Water Crisis
- Facebook's nightmare is about to get a lot worse
- Walmart opens its first 'Amazon style'store in Mexico
- Cancun 'spring breakers' welcomed with code of conduct
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica