Trends of the Digital Market in Mexico
Mexico and the digital market
In a population of approximately 124 million inhabitants, the amount of internet users grows by leaps and bounds; according to Internet Live Stats, the number of internet users has reached 50.9 million, which represents 40%. A token of this are the 3.4 million of new internet users in México, registered during the first three quarters of 2014. These numbers can be compared to the world main economies:
France and Germany – 1.5 million each; United Kingdom – 1.6 million
Regarding the most visited sites in the internet, YouTube has one of the highest registries of user interaction. “Mexico loves YouTube”, said John Farrel, head of the online video platform.
Mexico occupies the third place in the world when it comes to visit length in this site. YouTube holds an enormous amount of Televisa and Azteca content, the country’s biggest TV networks, but at the same time, users participate actively with the creation of original content.
Mexican multi-channel networks are also gaining ground in YouTube; some of the most important are Beauty Queen of Latin America with 7.7 million subscribers and Werevertumorro with more than 1 billion views.
The importance this media has acquired in such a short period could be hardly anticipated; proof of that is the multi-platform agreement between Televisa and MiTu, a Mexican multichannel network for Spanish, English and Portuguese speakers. Through this agreement Televisa will gain access to a whole new generation of producers, as MiTu channels have reached 43 million subscribers and 450 million monthly views. At the same time MiTu will benefit with the Televisa networks gigantic scope, which features several worldwide TV networks, in addition to the Univisión and Telemundo accounts in the United States.
YouTube’s head highlighted the importance of this media for the artists sector in Mexico, considering that before writing books, making movies or TV, they create their fanpage, through which they start guiding their followers to wherever they’re taking their artistic carriers.
In present days whenever it is necessary to know more about someone or something, all you have to do is use the social media in order to gain access to photographs, descriptions and other ones’ feedback; in fact, according to ComScore Insights, social media in Mexico have reached the highest participation registries, as for the most visited ones are: Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Instagram. The numbers are conclusive, 98.2% of the population are social media users and 65% of them are under 35 years of age.
In Mexico, technology has reached most of the population, business opportunities are in sight, and the economically active population is receptive in terms of new hi-tech proposals and innovation in general.
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany