Types of Beaches in Cancun
Taking a nice vacation in Cancun and aren’t sure which beach to go to? Coming up, we have drawn up a brief guide to help you choose the perfect beach in Cancun
Cancun’s beaches are worldwide known and famous for their beauty and peacefulness… Cancun’s hotel zone is made up of 26 kilometers of sand strip, where you will find not only excellent resorts but also the most exclusive and gorgeous beaches.
If you’re on vacation in Cancun with the family and have small children, or all you want is to enjoy a nice quiet day out on the beach, we suggest you head off to Las Perlas Beach or Langosta Beach, located on kilometer 2.5 and 5 respectively along Kukulcan Boulevard. These beaches are ideal for children to run around and play in because waves are very soft and the depth of the sea is very shallow… It’s also a place to rest and relax in!
Las Perlas Beach is a very popular place for those who like to carry out relaxing activities like tai chi, yoga or even reading… This is the first beach of the hotel zone and has its own library where you can access freely to all kinds of books and enjoy a good read by the sea.
If you continue walking along the line, toward kilometer 6.5 of the hotel zone you will come across Tortugas beach, which is the meeting point for several tours and excursions carried out to Isla Mujeres. Here you could choose to carry out water activities like the catamaran, wave runner or bungee jumping. One great suggestion is to walk along the beach a few meters and soon enough you’ll come to a strip of sand where local families gather and spend a nice day out.
If your idea of a vacation in Cancun includes partying and unlimited dancing then maybe you should head off to the heart of the hotel zone, toward kilometer 9. Here, you’ll find Gaviota Azul Beach- also known as Forum Beach because of the mall- which is surrounded by excellent and fun beach clubs as well as nightclubs, which definitely pump up the party! There are tons of fun activities, drinking, partying and having fun!
Right next to Gaviota Azul you will find Chac Mool Beach, which is a little more quiet and laidback than Gaviota Azul, and perfect for relaxing, taking pictures, reading a good book or simply sun tanning!
Remember that as you walk further down the hotel zone, the waves keep getting stronger and higher particularly after kilometer 13. It is here where you will find Marlin Beach, Ballenas Beach and Delfines Beach (These last two located on kilometer 18). Due to their attributes, these beaches are ideal for surfers, and if you wish to swim in these waters all you need to do is take the correct precautions.
- Spain and Mexico’s Trade Relations Curdle over Manchego Dispute
- Cape Town Water crisis: 'Day Zero' Draws Near
- MORGAN STANLEY: Here are the 6 internet stocks to bet on in 2018
- Ford announces $11B investment, 40 electrified vehicles by 2022 at Detroit Motor Show
- Automobile Revenues will fall 40% due to Electric and Autonomous Vehicles
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation