Virtual Reality, Google’s new way of learningBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
Google announced the arrival of their Expeditions program to Mexico, through which it intends to use virtual reality to educate
With this program the company intends to illustrate and inform through virtual materials about places that school buses cannot reach, such as the seabed or Mars, and thus make the classes come alive.
Although the application is still in beta phase, this year it may be downloaded in some countries, including Mexico and it will be completely free, as long as interested schools register through the format that Google has made available on the web site
Once the application is installed, members of the Expeditions team will visit the schools of the participating countries such as Mexico, United States, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, Canada, Singapore, Denmark and the United Kingdom to teach users how to apply the system.
Expeditions works through a series of classes with guided tours to different places, composed of panoramic images of virtual reality, in which students will be led by a guide or a teacher.
Teachers can guide up to 50 students using a tablet, and each student will use a virtual reality viewer, Google Cardboard, allowing them to be part of the scenarios that the program has created for their learning.
With this program Google aims to help improve education in the world, by making classes more dynamic and allowing students to be part of the learning environment because it will allow them not only to observe the classes, but to live them.
- MORGAN STANLEY: Here are the 6 internet stocks to bet on in 2018
- Ford announces $11B investment, 40 electrified vehicles by 2022 at Detroit Motor Show
- Automobile Revenues will fall 40% due to Electric and Autonomous Vehicles
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation
- US Weather Disasters Cost Record $306 Bn. Dollars in 2017
- CES 2018: "E-Sports will be the most watched and played sport in the next decade"