Virtual Reality, Google’s new way of learningBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
Google announced the arrival of their Expeditions program to Mexico, through which it intends to use virtual reality to educate
With this program the company intends to illustrate and inform through virtual materials about places that school buses cannot reach, such as the seabed or Mars, and thus make the classes come alive.
Although the application is still in beta phase, this year it may be downloaded in some countries, including Mexico and it will be completely free, as long as interested schools register through the format that Google has made available on the web site
Once the application is installed, members of the Expeditions team will visit the schools of the participating countries such as Mexico, United States, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, Canada, Singapore, Denmark and the United Kingdom to teach users how to apply the system.
Expeditions works through a series of classes with guided tours to different places, composed of panoramic images of virtual reality, in which students will be led by a guide or a teacher.
Teachers can guide up to 50 students using a tablet, and each student will use a virtual reality viewer, Google Cardboard, allowing them to be part of the scenarios that the program has created for their learning.
With this program Google aims to help improve education in the world, by making classes more dynamic and allowing students to be part of the learning environment because it will allow them not only to observe the classes, but to live them.
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California