Visa Restrictions eased for Mexicans Traveling to CanadaBy Dania Vargas Austryjak
Strengthening the countries bilateral relationship.
The Government of Canada recently announced that, as of 2016, certain Mexicans may not need a visa to enter Canada. An electronic Travelling Authorization (eTA), will determine the eligibility of Mexican citizens who meet certain requirements, to enter Canada.
The Government of Canada has included Mexican visitors, students and business people to be eligible to enter the country without a visa. Those who have held a Canadian visa in the last 10 years or have a valid nonimmigrant visa for the United States could be eligible to apply for an eTA, a system that is expected to be implemented within the first trimester of 2016.
The eTA is a simple electronic system with minimum cost that will be mandatory for foreign nationals traveling to Canada, including those who are exempt from having to apply for a visa. Those requesting entry to the country must fill an online application form which, in most cases should be approved within minutes. Some applicants may be found inadmissible due to certain criteria such as holding a criminal record or attempting fraud.
“The implementation of this measure is an essential step towards the elimination of the Canadian visa for Mexican nationals. It is the result of diplomatic dialogue, the strengthening of the relationship between the two countries over the past two years and the joint efforts of the authorities to move forward in building mutual trust.” As stated on an official communiqué from the Mexican Ministry for Foreign Affairs.
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California