What do Mexicans gift at Christmas?By Elliot Bullman
According to a Google survey, Christmas sales in Mexico have increased every year, since 2012 by 10 percent.
According to a Google survey, Christmas sales in Mexico have increased every year, since 2012, 10 percent. And as sales increase, the preferences of Mexicans indicate the most sought after gifts.
This year Clothing, footwear and accessories were the items most sought after by Mexicans with 74 percent of Christmas preferences. Meanwhile, the second placed gifts were toys and video games, with 40 percent.
Three of the most sought-after video games and toys were the Nintendo Switch, Resident Evil and Clash Royal.
Next with 19% of preferences came smartphones or tablets. With the most sought after item being the iPhone X and the iPhone 8. And then with 17% comes home entertainment items, such as board games.
The same survey showed that mum is the relative who receives the most Christmas gifts with 35%, followed by sentimental couples with 22%, children in third place with 18%. And as for dad, well his socks tied with other family members, gaining 17% of the gifts.
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany