What do Mexicans gift at Christmas?By Elliot Bullman
According to a Google survey, Christmas sales in Mexico have increased every year, since 2012 by 10 percent.
According to a Google survey, Christmas sales in Mexico have increased every year, since 2012, 10 percent. And as sales increase, the preferences of Mexicans indicate the most sought after gifts.
This year Clothing, footwear and accessories were the items most sought after by Mexicans with 74 percent of Christmas preferences. Meanwhile, the second placed gifts were toys and video games, with 40 percent.
Three of the most sought-after video games and toys were the Nintendo Switch, Resident Evil and Clash Royal.
Next with 19% of preferences came smartphones or tablets. With the most sought after item being the iPhone X and the iPhone 8. And then with 17% comes home entertainment items, such as board games.
The same survey showed that mum is the relative who receives the most Christmas gifts with 35%, followed by sentimental couples with 22%, children in third place with 18%. And as for dad, well his socks tied with other family members, gaining 17% of the gifts.
- Spain and Mexico’s Trade Relations Curdle over Manchego Dispute
- Cape Town Water crisis: 'Day Zero' Draws Near
- MORGAN STANLEY: Here are the 6 internet stocks to bet on in 2018
- Ford announces $11B investment, 40 electrified vehicles by 2022 at Detroit Motor Show
- Automobile Revenues will fall 40% due to Electric and Autonomous Vehicles
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation