WhatsApp will stop working on some devicesBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
Learn which are the operating systems that will no longer support the app
WhatsApp, the instant messaging company, announced in February that its app would cease to work on certain devices running in BlackBerry and Nokia operating systems by the end of 2016.
The company recently announced that they will extend the period until June 30, 2017, when it will be final that the messaging app will stop working on some mobile devices that will not support the update.
According to a WhatsApp release, the reason why their service will stop working on some devices is that it will no longer be compatible because these devices will not have the needs that the app needs to function properly.
In June 2017 the following operating systems will no longer support WhatsApp: BlackBerry, BlackBerry 10, Nokia S40 and Nokia Symbian S60. On the other hand the phones that use Android 2.1 and 2.2, Windows Phone 7 and iOs 6 will no longer be able to use WhatsApp during the next days of this 2016.
Now you know, those who have any of the above mentioned operating systems should be aware, because this is an app that many of us use to communicate, so we recommend that you upgrade your systems or buy a mobile device that allows you to continue making use of this messaging tool.
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany