Wizeline Launches Tuition-Free AI Academy in MexicoBy Elliot Bullman
Wizeline, the AI powered digital product and customer experience solutionsprovider, has announced the launch of WizelineArtificial Intelligence Academy.
Artificial intelligence already powers tools like IBM’s Watson and Amazon’s Alexa, but there are many frontiers yet to explore using AI, machine learning, NLP, and other data analytics tools.
The first course will start in December 2016, offering qualified applicants tuition-free coursework on artificial intelligence, machine learning and other advanced software engineering skills and technologies. The courses will be given at Wizeline’s office campus in Guadalajara, Mexico.
The AI Academy will offer two course tracks; the Machine Learning Intensive and the Data Science Intensive. Both courses are designed for aspiring experts in advanced machine learning, data analysis, and other technologies. The Academy will also offer a number of weekend crash courses designed for students from a broader set of backgrounds who are looking to gain baseline familiarity with subject areas such as data science, natural language processing (NLP) and chatbots.
After completing their chosen track, students with a background in computer science or engineering will be prepared to take on full-time artificial intelligence development work.
Matt Pasienski, Head of Growth and Director, AI Academy, Wizeline said, “The goal of AI Academy is to prepare talented engineers for the massive growth in demand for an artificial intelligence skillset, which has recently begun.”
“AI and machine learning today are what distributed systems and cloud-computing were about ten years ago—which means we’re poised for massive growth in demand for engineers with pertinent skillsets.”
With its main software engineering campus in Guadalajara, Wizeline has more than tripled in size in the past year. The company aims to address customer demand for AI-powered business applications while grooming talent to excel at the cutting edge of technology.
To qualify for Wizeline AI Academy’s intensive course track, students must have a degree in computer science or applied mathematics, or have at least two years of experience developing software. To qualify for crash courses, students should know basic computer programming. To learn more and request more information, visit AI Academy’s website.
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California