World Tourism Day!
Tourism & Community Development
The entire world will be closely watching over the city of Guadalajara today… Why? Since it’s hosting the celebratory activities for the commemoration of World Tourism Day.
The World Tourism Organization has set September 27th as the official date to celebrate World Tourism Day, a day to be remembered and celebrated all over the world, focusing on the global challenges and contributions that the tourism sector can make to local communities.
Tourism can make the difference for a community; it brings a new source of job opportunities, improves local markets and develops social and environmental programs. Tourist activities have greatly benefitted small towns in the state of Quintana Roo, which has led the state and its companies to achieve grand recognition and certifications from several international organizations.
And this is happening not only in Quintana Roo. In Mexico, tourism represents 9 percent of the economy; research says that 8 of 100 of Mexicans work directly within the tourism industry.
The activities to celebrate World Tourism Day, were official inaugurated today at noon by the President of Mexico, Enrique Peña Nieto. 20 international ministers of tourism from all over the world, plus ambassadors, tourism leaders and business representatives are invited to this grand celebration. They will participate at the Congress of the Applied Tourism Research, an event where other’s experience will help companies improve and introduce better strategies for international destinations and to make more researches about emergent kind of travelers.
This will be the perfect occasion for the presentation of the new Pueblos Mágicos program. A tourist concept created by the Government of Mexico and the Ministry of Tourism, which has the purpose of promoting a series of towns around the country that offer visitors a "magical" experience – by reason of their natural beauty, cultural riches, or historical relevance.
World Tourism Day gathers companies and individuals involved in the industry, and urges them to establish a commitment with society by promoting, creating and broadcasting programs that benefit the sector.
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California