World Tourism Day!
Tourism & Community Development
The entire world will be closely watching over the city of Guadalajara today… Why? Since it’s hosting the celebratory activities for the commemoration of World Tourism Day.
The World Tourism Organization has set September 27th as the official date to celebrate World Tourism Day, a day to be remembered and celebrated all over the world, focusing on the global challenges and contributions that the tourism sector can make to local communities.
Tourism can make the difference for a community; it brings a new source of job opportunities, improves local markets and develops social and environmental programs. Tourist activities have greatly benefitted small towns in the state of Quintana Roo, which has led the state and its companies to achieve grand recognition and certifications from several international organizations.
And this is happening not only in Quintana Roo. In Mexico, tourism represents 9 percent of the economy; research says that 8 of 100 of Mexicans work directly within the tourism industry.
The activities to celebrate World Tourism Day, were official inaugurated today at noon by the President of Mexico, Enrique Peña Nieto. 20 international ministers of tourism from all over the world, plus ambassadors, tourism leaders and business representatives are invited to this grand celebration. They will participate at the Congress of the Applied Tourism Research, an event where other’s experience will help companies improve and introduce better strategies for international destinations and to make more researches about emergent kind of travelers.
This will be the perfect occasion for the presentation of the new Pueblos Mágicos program. A tourist concept created by the Government of Mexico and the Ministry of Tourism, which has the purpose of promoting a series of towns around the country that offer visitors a "magical" experience – by reason of their natural beauty, cultural riches, or historical relevance.
World Tourism Day gathers companies and individuals involved in the industry, and urges them to establish a commitment with society by promoting, creating and broadcasting programs that benefit the sector.
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany