Cancun shines at the World Travel Market
CancThe Best Destination of Mexico and Latin America
The World Travel Market of London (WTM) was the perfect scenario for the award ceremony of what some experts consider “the Oscars of the travel industry”: The World Travel Award, a grand distinction that recognizes excellence within the tourist industry.
With 300 thousand votes, Cancun was the winner of three awards: Mexico & Central America's Leading Beach Destination, Mexico & Central America's Leading Destination and Mexico & Central America's Leading Meetings & Conference Centre.
Cancun is now the owner of 25 awards from this international organization. Rolls Royce also granted Cancun with another distinction, as The Best Destination of Mexico and Latin America.
During the WTM one of the main topics was connectivity for the year 2015. Sunwing Airlines announced a 30% increase in arrivals to Cancun and British Airways will consider introducing more flights to the Mexican Caribbean.
The diplomatic relation between Mexico and England is going to an important stage. Both countries have named 2015 as year of Mexico in England and vice versa.
In the WTM, the Mexico Tourism Board decided to launch the second part of the advertising campaign called “Live It to Believe It”, which emphasizes the image of Mexico as a gastronomic leading destination.
The WTM generates 8,500 trade agreements, which have generated an economic impact of 3,700 million dollars in contracts. This edition gathered 50,029 exhibitors and 50,000 participants from 186 countries.
- MORGAN STANLEY: Here are the 6 internet stocks to bet on in 2018
- Ford announces $11B investment, 40 electrified vehicles by 2022 at Detroit Motor Show
- Automobile Revenues will fall 40% due to Electric and Autonomous Vehicles
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation
- US Weather Disasters Cost Record $306 Bn. Dollars in 2017
- CES 2018: "E-Sports will be the most watched and played sport in the next decade"