Xcaret Park will Stage the Fifth Edition of the PLATINO AwardsBy Elliot Bullman
The best of Ibero-American cinema will be gathered at the Gran Tlachco Theater on April 29th.
The Riviera Maya and Xcaret Park, which was recently recognized for the third consecutive year as "Best Aquatic Park in the World" and "Best International Theme Park", will host the fifth edition of the PLATINO Awards on April 29th, an international event that brings together the best of Ibero-American cinema.
During the official announcement, the CEO of Experiencias Xcaret, Marcos Constandse Redko, assured that the PLATINO Awards are a celebration of the creativity and talent of Ibero-American cinema that will gather more than 500 celebrities of international stature and 300 media outlets from different parts of the world, who will meet at the Gran Tlachco Theater of Xcaret Park.
“Professionals in the film industry will generate a feeling of respect and fraternity among all the nations represented,” said Marcos Constandse Redko.
The announcement event took place at the Cineteca Nacional in Mexico City, and actor/comedian Eugenio Derbez was named the host of the upcoming awards ceremony.
The press conference opened with the performance of Grupo Xipetotec, from Xcaret, which presented a brief pre-Hispanic ritual of the "Open the Cosmos" ceremony, where permission is asked of the land and the elements to open the way, and has the mission of cultural preservation.
The Platino Awards, will be one of the three largest media events held in Mexico, with a potential market of 500 million viewers worldwide and is anticipated to create an economic stream of over 60 million dollars.
The PLATINO Iberoamerican Film Awards, in just four years, have become the greatest event of international promotion and support for Ibero-American cinema. The PLATINO Awards of Ibero-American cinema celebrates the coming together of the film industry, made up of directors, actors, producers, musicians, technicians and specialized press, with the intention of celebrating Mexican cinema.
Marcos Constandse said that Xcaret is a window of Mexico that every day presents the best of its history, gastronomy, music, nature and cultural expressions; but above all, the hospitable character and magnificent host that is the Mexican people.
"Art transcends borders and unites people; surely professionals in the film industry will generate a feeling of respect and fraternity among all the nations represented,” said the businessman.
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany