Xcaret Park will Stage the Fifth Edition of the PLATINO AwardsBy Elliot Bullman
The best of Ibero-American cinema will be gathered at the Gran Tlachco Theater on April 29th.
The Riviera Maya and Xcaret Park, which was recently recognized for the third consecutive year as "Best Aquatic Park in the World" and "Best International Theme Park", will host the fifth edition of the PLATINO Awards on April 29th, an international event that brings together the best of Ibero-American cinema.
During the official announcement, the CEO of Experiencias Xcaret, Marcos Constandse Redko, assured that the PLATINO Awards are a celebration of the creativity and talent of Ibero-American cinema that will gather more than 500 celebrities of international stature and 300 media outlets from different parts of the world, who will meet at the Gran Tlachco Theater of Xcaret Park.
“Professionals in the film industry will generate a feeling of respect and fraternity among all the nations represented,” said Marcos Constandse Redko.
The announcement event took place at the Cineteca Nacional in Mexico City, and actor/comedian Eugenio Derbez was named the host of the upcoming awards ceremony.
The press conference opened with the performance of Grupo Xipetotec, from Xcaret, which presented a brief pre-Hispanic ritual of the "Open the Cosmos" ceremony, where permission is asked of the land and the elements to open the way, and has the mission of cultural preservation.
The Platino Awards, will be one of the three largest media events held in Mexico, with a potential market of 500 million viewers worldwide and is anticipated to create an economic stream of over 60 million dollars.
The PLATINO Iberoamerican Film Awards, in just four years, have become the greatest event of international promotion and support for Ibero-American cinema. The PLATINO Awards of Ibero-American cinema celebrates the coming together of the film industry, made up of directors, actors, producers, musicians, technicians and specialized press, with the intention of celebrating Mexican cinema.
Marcos Constandse said that Xcaret is a window of Mexico that every day presents the best of its history, gastronomy, music, nature and cultural expressions; but above all, the hospitable character and magnificent host that is the Mexican people.
"Art transcends borders and unites people; surely professionals in the film industry will generate a feeling of respect and fraternity among all the nations represented,” said the businessman.
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California